TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Confirmed - Tesla to Open Retail Location at Dadeland Mall in May 2013

Discussion in 'Florida' started by DJ Frustration, Feb 18, 2013.

Tags:
  1. DJ Frustration

DJ Frustration Model X Sig, Former Model S, Model 3 Res

I spotted the job openings on Tesla's job board a month ago but now that it's official, I thought I'd post the news here. Tesla plans to open a retail location at Dadeland Mall in Miami, FL sometime in May 2013 when the mall's new construction/addition is complete.

Details here: Dadeland Mall To Add 18 New Stores, Dining Options CBS Miami

2. Rob Fairman

Rob Fairman Member

So, this will be the third store in the Miami area? Seems a bit much, but maybe the other two are overwhelmed.

3. aviators99

aviators99 Model S - R140

There is currently only 1 store in the Miami area (South Beach). They closed the Dania Beach store and turned it into a service center (the only one in the Miami area).

4. Arnold Panz

Arnold Panz Model Sig 304, VIN 542

They still have a small retail presence in the front of the service center in Dania for test drives and people who wander in. Still, with South Florida such a hot market for Tesla I'm not surprised about Dadeland. I could see them at Aventura or Bal Harbour eventually, and Town Center in Boca.

5. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

We have a third in LA. At 500k to 1M a store the numbers must support it.

6. DJ Frustration

DJ Frustration Model X Sig, Former Model S, Model 3 Res

Also hearing credible rumors of a Service Center that will open in the Kendall area. Now that would be awesome!

7. sp4rk

sp4rk Banned

Where are you getting those number? 500k to $1M?
    The stores are bare. TV screens. I would say the build out is minimal. Most expensive part of a store is the car?