Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirmed that MCU3 (Ryzen) in 3/Y does NOT have a discrete GPU?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 2022 holiday update is being rolled out. As part of the update, Steam gaming is brought to new S/X. Unfortunately 3/Y cannot run Steam games. Teslascope has confirmed that even the newest 3/Y with Ryzen CPU (aka MCU 3) does not have a discrete GPU.

I guess we can never game on our 3/Y...

Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 4.33.34 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 4.33.27 PM.png

I wonder if the market demand among 3/Y owners is big enough to warrant steam integration. (I for sure don’t know the answer)

But in my personal use case (M3 RWD, overnight access to L2 chargers): I don’t supercharge for long enough to get deeply into any videogame. 20-40mins is too short, and my supercharger sessions are too infrequent. Would rather pass the time reading a book or using the default infotainment apps/games. Or just go on my phone.

Now if the games were cross-platform and I could pick up where I left off on my Xbox and vice versa, that’d be a different story. Completing an extra side quest or a quick multiplayer mission would be perfect for supercharging.

Ignoring cross-platform play, if I were charging for 1hr+ regularly (every 2-3 days) then I would probably wish for steam integration. Then again I’d probably want a more ergonomic screen setup at that point. The idea of looking sideways to play a videogame for hours each week sounds like a future full of neck/back problems.

But again, this is all personal preference for me. I don’t pretend to know anything about product design, nor do I think im representative of any marketable demographic.

I wonder if the market demand among 3/Y owners is big enough to warrant steam integration. (I for sure don’t know the answer)

But in my personal use case (M3 RWD, overnight access to L2 chargers): I don’t supercharge for long enough to get deeply into any videogame. 20-40mins is too short, and my supercharger sessions are too infrequent. Would rather pass the time reading a book or using the default infotainment apps/games. Or just go on my phone.

Now if the games were cross-platform and I could pick up where I left off on my Xbox and vice versa, that’d be a different story. Completing an extra side quest or a quick multiplayer mission would be perfect for supercharging.

Ignoring cross-platform play, if I were charging for 1hr+ regularly (every 2-3 days) then I would probably wish for steam integration. Then again I’d probably want a more ergonomic screen setup at that point. The idea of looking sideways to play a videogame for hours each week sounds like a future full of neck/back problems.

But again, this is all personal preference for me. I don’t pretend to know anything about product design, nor do I think im representative of any marketable demographic.
Before Stadia folded, people were able to get it working on Teslas, so I think your best bet if you want to pay similar titles is a streaming service similar to it.