Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gainesville, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone posted a photo of his wife charging. Reliable guy from Jax so not sure whether it is at final stages or not yet. Any Gainesville owners that can check it out?
My guess is that they are confusing this location with another. They couldn't even begin to start work before June 1st. It's extremely unlikely that the construction and inspection approvals could have been completed in about three or four weeks.

The photo would be useful to ascertain the location. This location should be near the Bonefish Grill at Butler Plaza. A photo showing that landmark of another Butler Plaza landmark would be needed to confirm the accuracy of that report. Can you provide a link to the Facebook posting?

Larry

Last edited:
My guess is that they are confusing this location with another. They couldn't even begin to start work before June 1st. It's extremely unlikely that the construction and inspection approvals could have been completed in about three or four weeks.

The photo would be useful to ascertain the location. This location should be near the Bonefish Grill at Butler Plaza. A photo showing that landmark of another Butler Plaza landmark would be needed to confirm the accuracy of that report. Can you provide a link to the Facebook posting?

Larry
I can confirm nothing started yet. Whole Foods has 4 ChargePoint stations that are free, so they're probably confusing it with that. They seem to be constantly ICE'd though. Celebration Pointe has another 4 EV charging stations as well in that same area and the better signage and paint on the parking spots seems to have people respecting it a bit more, but no SuperChargers as of yet.

• Informative
Reactions: Larry Chanin
I can confirm nothing started yet. Whole Foods has 4 ChargePoint stations that are free, so they're probably confusing it with that. They seem to be constantly ICE'd though. Celebration Pointe has another 4 EV charging stations as well in that same area and the better signage and paint on the parking spots seems to have people respecting it a bit more, but no SuperChargers as of yet.

Sounds like the most plausible case. Thanks for the update. Hopefully soon...

I stopped by Whole Foods today and didn't see any hard evidence of the Supercharger installation.

I did see two potential areas where they could be located.

The parking lot just to the east is under construction and lots of conduit and transformers all over there.

There is a construction wall in the parking lot in front of whole foods.

I could be completely wrong, I thought for sure the Altamonte Superchargers were going to be near the Starbucks and not in the back where the employees' park.
East of Whole Foods.JPG
Whole Foods.JPG

I stopped by Whole Foods today and didn't see any hard evidence of the Supercharger installation.

I did see two potential areas where they could be located.

The parking lot just to the east is under construction and lots of conduit and transformers all over there.

There is a construction wall in the parking lot in front of whole foods.

I could be completely wrong, I thought for sure the Altamonte Superchargers were going to be near the Starbucks and not in the back where the employees' park.

Hi Bruce,

Thanks.

I have it from a very credible source that the Superchargers will be located east of the Bonefish Grill not far from Whole Foods.

My guess is that they will be somewhere adjacent to the green space, but not too close to the Bonefish Grill. Perhaps near the rectangle in the Google street view below.

Update: It appears that the actual location will be a hundred or so feet northeast of my educated guess.

Gainesville Supercharger location guess.jpg

The next time you are at Butler Plaza could you check out the area marked above for any construction work?

Thanks.

Larry

Last edited:
Hi Bruce,

Thanks.

I have it from a very credible source that the Superchargers will be located east of the Bonefish Grill not far from Whole Foods.

My guess is that they will be somewhere adjacent to the green space, but not too close to the Bonefish Grill. Perhaps near the rectangle in the Google street view below.

View attachment 316461

The next time you are at Butler Plaza could you check out the area marked above for any construction work?

Thanks.

Larry

Larry,
I didn't look in that area, so I can say if any progress has been made.

I won't be back up in Gainsville for a couple of weeks. Hopefully, Singh can check it out this weekend.

Hi all, I work about 300 feet from this location. I took some pictures today, no movement in this area at all. (Some irrigation pipe work is happening that I initially thought was it but no)

Thanks Zach,

If you wouldn't mind occasionally checking the overall area again when its convenient that would be appreciated.

If you are interested in joining a statewide Tesla club, please click on the link in my signature.

Larry

Hi Bruce,

Thanks.

I have it from a very credible source that the Superchargers will be located *****east of the Bonefish Grill*****
not far from Whole Foods.

View attachment 316461

Thanks.

Larry

Everyone,

Bbryson photo with the huge transformer in the second shot looks the most credible place next to Whole foods. Huge transformer in the middle of almost nowhere is kinda telling I think.

This parking lot does not even look like this any longer next to Bonefish. The google image above is angular parking. The current state is a totally reworked parking lot with straight in parking per Zach's pics. I doubt they will tear up this new parking lot next to Bonefish

I was in this center a few months ago. and was in Gainesville last week. I did not go by as I was moving my daughter into college.

I'm guessing there are other locations in the center better suited to tearing things up to install chargers perhaps. The buildings next to Bonefish going NorthEAST are gone now. There must be construction happening in those areas. NorthEast of Bonefish is where this now empty lot is. The places you detailed in red for example are southeast of Bonefish I'm pretty sure.

Last edited:
If there is one thing I learned from watching the construction of the Altamonte Superchargers, is that the most logical, obvious and convenient location, may have absolutely nothing to do with where the Superchargers end up.

Yes after thinking longer on this, the Transformer from all I have ever seen is usually last. Not first and certainly not while in permit stage, which per the supercharge website it shows permit stage.

I see that supercharge.info has listed this as "under construction." Any idea why it got the cone, rather than just the blue dot?
That's an error. The building permit was only issued on June 1st. It is unlikely that they've broken ground.

Larry
I want to refine a statement that I made up thread.

The building permit wasn't issued on June 1st, it was requested on that date.
The current online records show that the permit has yet to be issued and the permit application will expire on November 28, 2018.

Until a building permit is issued there's probably little point in searching for construction activity.

Larry

• Informative
Reactions: BBryson
I want to refine a statement that I made up thread.

The building permit wasn't issued on June 1st, it was requested on that date.
The current online records show that the permit has yet to be issued and the permit application will expire on November 28, 2018.

Until a building permit is issued there's probably little point in searching for construction activity.

Larry

I concur. Chicken or the egg, cart or oxen, Electricity or EV.