Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gainesville, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi visitors of Gainesville,
I have 2) 14-50’s that are located at my shop next to depot park.
Message me and ill give you the gate code. Give me a couple bucks to cover the cost and you are more than welcome to use them.
You can search for straw and co fine woodwork to find me.
Best regards,
Jason
Hi Jason,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the offer.

I met you a year ago at the Brandon Supercharger. I would again like to invite you to join our statewide Tesla club.
If interested, just click on the link to our website in my signature.

Larry

By the way, here's a link to Jason's website:

Last edited:
Between Homecoming at UF and a host of others travelers, my prediction was right. The first time I have ever waited at a supercharger to charge as predicted came true. I was not long 5-10 mins. It was however enlightening. Turkey Lake at around 2pm on Friday.

This very young Model 3 driver came out, I asked him where he lived, where he came from and where he was going. Winterpark for all three answers. Its a stones throw from Turkey lake SC.

He actually stood there and said "I just need a few more miles looking at the app". Anyway he left and the others waiting were not waiting long either as there were three of us waiting by the time I started to charge. I just cannot believe someone would get on the turnpike to purposely charge.

I did meet a Tesla employee from energy division, he was driving a model 3 with a sticker on the back that said Stark Industries and some other stickers from X men series well presented on his matte silver wrapped model 3. They were installing some Tesla panels and batteries at a home in the Orlando area.

Coming home, back at Turkey Lake, there for an hour on Sunday nobody around, then one Model 3 just before I left. Thats how it was for a long time, un-inhabited for the most part, now things they are changing. Gonna need more volume of charging soon.

Message me and ill give you the gate code. Give me a couple bucks to cover the cost and you are more than welcome to use them.
Best regards,
Jason

Very generous and I will keep this in mind if I ever get in a bind. This past weekend we camped and there was a generous supply of Nema 14-50 where we were at. It is nice to leave full going home. Nice woodwork on your site. I might just enjoy coming to look at what you have to offer, it looks awesome and your totally solar.

Last edited:
On the topic of congestion, I had an interesting experience last weekend. I travelled from Tampa to Tallahassee for what was supposed to be a football game..... The superchargers in Tallahassee and in Live Oak were the most crowded I have ever seen. I didn’t need to wait for a space, but I was was the fourth or fifth car out of six stations. I never have seen that many Teslas on those chargers.

If you plan to stop for a charge in the Tampa area while headed north on I-75, I recommend the newer Superchargers at the “WaWa” on 50th street (West of I-75) versus the older ones in Brandon off of SR 60. They are newer, faster, and IMHO easier to access. In my experience they also tend to be less crowded.

Safe travels!
The Brandon supercharger was great both ways. 110 kv and empty. Ocala was another story. The most I could get out of that one was like 60-70 kv. Hopefully once Gainesville is up and running it will be high speed.

Best regards,
Jason

Jason,

I might take you up on that offer. Will DM when I figure out my visit dates.

Thanks,
Sam

Wow good to know! Damn I was just up there too last weekend. I parked my car at Reitz when I was visiting my kids that go to UF. I got a good 4 hours of charge there free but only got me to about 50%. Made it to Turkey Lake with about 25 miles to go. Spent 40 minutes to charge up then home.

Any update on the building permit. It’s suppose to expire on the 28 according Larry.
The current public records (see image below) show no progress from when the permit application was initiated back in June 1, 2018, despite spending almost $1,600 in fees. Unless there is some movement the application will expire in few days and have to be renewed.

Gainesville Supercharger permit.jpg

The information that Zach provided in posting #94 with regard to location is consistent with information that I have received. When a permit is issued we should continue to periodically search the parking lot for signs of construction in the Bonefish Grill parking lot towards Chili's.

Larry

The current public records (see image below) show no progress from when the permit application was initiated back in June 1, 2018, despite spending almost $1,600 in fees. Unless there is some movement the application will expire in few days and have to be renewed.

View attachment 355248

The information that Zach provided in posting #94 with regard to location is consistent with information that I have received. When a permit is issued we should continue to periodically search the parking lot for signs of construction in the Bonefish Grill parking lot towards Chili's.

Larry
I'm heading up there next week. I'll take a look.

View attachment 355248

Larry
That address is on the permit because that’s the location of the Butler Plaza Develpoment office. I think it’s more likely that they will locate the chargers over at the Celebration Point area on the other side of the interstate to draw more traffic to that area

That address is on the permit because that’s the location of the Butler Plaza Develpoment office. I think it’s more likely that they will locate the chargers over at the Celebration Point area on the other side of the interstate to draw more traffic to that area

That is correct, the address is for the Butler Plaza Development office, but the office is also adjacent to the Bonefish Grill. Please refer to this Google image below.
I don't know who posted the label "Tesla Supercharger at Butler Town Center" on Google, but I believe that when Tesla breaks ground for the Supercharger it will be in the general location in the red rectangle which corresponds to the label.

Gainesville Supercharger possible location.png

Please note that in posting #94 Zach spoke with the Butler Plaza property manager who confirmed that the Superchargers would be located in the Bonefish Grill parking lot. I consider the property manager as a very credible source. Furthermore, I personally have been in contact a corporate executive with Butler Enterprises who provided similar location information to what Zach received from the property manager.

Nevertheless, if Tesla doesn't move promptly the permit application will have to be renewed.

Larry

My daughter goes to school in Gainesville so i’ve been waiting very long for this supercharger to come online.

Right now leaving from Jacksonville going through starke leaves me very little range if any range to get back on a 75D model S and usually have to detour to lake city or Saint Augustine for a small charge.

Very happy that a new charger is coming online on 210 soon but Gainesville is the key.

With every big city or college town having a supercharger in Florida I’m disappointed Gainesville is taking so long.

Having lived in Gainesville for over 10 years knowing city officials are all about going green its shocking they are the last city to get a supercharger. This town is the tree hugger capital of Florida with the highest gas prices in the state. This town had the first solar power housing development in the whole state.

The red tape in Gainesville is ridiculous.

its shocking they are the last city to get a supercharger.
Does not surprise me in the least. I lived there too for over 17 years total.
I am now in Fort Myers. The new supercharger here was built in like 2 weeks. More government = worse performance. I'm always curious as to why this surprises people.
I will be sure and swing by Butler plaza Tuesday morning and will reply with pics if there is anything to see. We are staying at the new Fairfield Inn close by which has 2 destination chargers.

Reactions: Battmobile
Just did a google search on the contractor PAVEL REDKO listed on the permit.

And it’s pretty scary what I found.

R3dko.com is the website for the contractor.

The site doesn’t look like a legitimate electrical contractor company website and the guy lives in Atlanta.

Don’t want to be quick to judge but something isn’t right with the permit expiring.

My daughter goes to school in Gainesville so i’ve been waiting very long for this supercharger to come online.

Right now leaving from Jacksonville going through starke leaves me very little range if any range to get back on a 75D model S and usually have to detour to lake city or Saint Augustine for a small charge.

Very happy that a new charger is coming online on 210 soon but Gainesville is the key.

With every big city or college town having a supercharger in Florida I’m disappointed Gainesville is taking so long.

Having lived in Gainesville for over 10 years knowing city officials are all about going green its shocking they are the last city to get a supercharger. This town is the tree hugger capital of Florida with the highest gas prices in the state. This town had the first solar power housing development in the whole state.

The red tape in Gainesville is ridiculous.
I don’t know what your logistics are once you get to gville, but remember that the Reitz Union has free charging in their parking lot and it’s free to park for 4 hours if charging. It’s onky level 2, but it might give you some peace of mind margin. And I don’t know that the City is responsible here. They’ve had the permit forever. You have to break ground for the City to hold up progress with inspections or whatever.

Reactions: Battmobile
That is correct, the address is for the Butler Plaza Development office, but the office is also adjacent to the Bonefish Grill. Please refer to this Google image below.
I don't know who posted the label "Tesla Supercharger at Butler Town Center" on Google, but I believe that when Tesla breaks ground for the Supercharger it will be in the general location in the red rectangle which corresponds to the label.

View attachment 355647

Please note that in posting #94 Zach spoke with the Butler Plaza property manager who confirmed that the Superchargers would be located in the Bonefish Grill parking lot. I consider the property manager as a very credible source. Furthermore, I personally have been in contact a corporate executive with Butler Enterprises who provided similar location information to what Zach received from the property manager.

Nevertheless, if Tesla doesn't move promptly the permit application will have to be renewed.

Larry
That’s good information. I’ll be in that area of Gainesville today and will take a look. That location has its pluses and minuses. It’s a lot more congested with more traffic almost all the time, but there are more amenities there than on the other side of the interstate.

I don’t know what your logistics are once you get to gville, but remember that the Reitz Union has free charging in their parking lot and it’s free to park for 4 hours if charging. It’s onky level 2, but it might give you some peace of mind margin. And I don’t know that the City is responsible here. They’ve had the permit forever. You have to break ground for the City to hold up progress with inspections or whatever.

I do enjoy the reitz union and the food court options, it’s just the slow level 2 charge 15 miles an hour doesn’t add to much like you said.

So far I’ve used the reitz union, O’Conner center, law school, Audi dealer, dental school and Whole Foods on archer.

Just getting to these locations eats up the range your going to get in an hour.

It’s crazy this thread started in 2014 for the Gainesville supercharger.

I’m going to Gainesville tomorrow from Jacksonville and with this cold weather I don’t think I will make it back leaving with a 100% charge model s 75D

Probably have to do Saint Augustine supercharger on the way back.