Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Confirmed & Update] ID:100 , Park Lock Problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before, I said I got Park Lock Problem in this Thread

ID:100 , Park Lock Problem

Today , I finally get my roadster move.

The problem is the Park Lock on the transmission box.

IMG_0442.jpg

After I disconnected the Lock module from the transmission , and manually switch it to "Unlock" with the gear, I can switch to D/R ,and drive the roadster.

IMG_0446.jpg

Charging is also OK.

Now , I still get error ID 3005 , and can't switch it to P.

I tested the module , its motor works, so I think the problem is the board inside it.

IMG_0447.JPG

I'll try to fix the board even though it said "No serviceable". Because it's too hard for me to get the part in China. If you know anywhere I can get this part, please let me know.

Nice job digging deep. I’m pretty sure 3005 is a communication fault which would make sense, but I don’t have any definite information on that one. The acuator has hall Sensors to know the position of the pawl. I’m guessing you already have checked the wiring harness to the TCM and the connector. Notes I have warn the tech to be careful with the fragile connector. Specifically:

“Check parking pawl actuator connector THC3 for loose, corroded or damaged terminals. Note: use caution when seperating as connector is very fragile. Check for open/short circuit to ground/harness damage between pawl actuator connector THC3 and TCM connector THC2.”

Nice job digging deep. I’m pretty sure 3005 is a communication fault which would make sense, but I don’t have any definite information on that one. The acuator has hall Sensors to know the position of the pawl. I’m guessing you already have checked the wiring harness to the TCM and the connector. Notes I have warn the tech to be careful with the fragile connector. Specifically:

“Check parking pawl actuator connector THC3 for loose, corroded or damaged terminals. Note: use caution when seperating as connector is very fragile. Check for open/short circuit to ground/harness damage between pawl actuator connector THC3 and TCM connector THC2.”

It is really hard to fix it. That's broken board

Attachments

• WechatIMG756.jpeg
    WechatIMG756.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
Before, I said I got Park Lock Problem in this Thread

ID:100 , Park Lock Problem

Today , I finally get my roadster move.

The problem is the Park Lock on the transmission box.

View attachment 571661

After I disconnected the Lock module from the transmission , and manually switch it to "Unlock" with the gear, I can switch to D/R ,and drive the roadster.

View attachment 571663

Charging is also OK.

Now , I still get error ID 3005 , and can't switch it to P.

I tested the module , its motor works, so I think the problem is the board inside it.

View attachment 571664

I'll try to fix the board even though it said "No serviceable". Because it's too hard for me to get the part in China. If you know anywhere I can get this part, please let me know.

that thing is really dirty; hope you clean everything up back there or take a blow gun to it. Also take off the rubber shroud on the motor as debree and buildup gets sucked into there which requires a blow gun as well. Just curious to see how they look.

Hope you fix your issues.

19851078182_1839dded07_c-jpg.88063