Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirmed V3 Superchargers in California

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

In the last few months there are often questions in various Supercharger location threads asking how many V3 Superchargers are operational in California, so I thought I would start a thread dedicated to that topic.

To the best of my knowledge, currently there are V3 stalls at the Fremont factory public Supercharger and at Hawthorne. I will try to keep this first post updated with an accurate listing.

Please keep the discussion here focused on confirmed V3 stalls and locations in California. If you want to discuss V3 locations anywhere on the planet, please use this forum
Supercharging & Charging Infrastructure or use a specific geographic forum.

Please do not use this thread to engage in speculation with no supporting evidence. Thank you.

Reactions: McManX and Watts_Up
So, how will we know when it's V3? I got 140 kW and 600 miles/hr the other day, so it's definitely an upgrade. I chased some links, and I read the V3 announcement, but I'm still not sure. We're apparently limited to 140 kW by the firmware right now.

To simplify, I would understand this thread as V3 hardware, V3 250kW capable because to confirm true 250kW, it depends on a few factors:

1) The station hardware firmware is set to 250kW
2) Car's firmware
3) Model 3, since the S and X can't
4) State of Charge of your battery

So to identify its hardware, the easiest way is to look at the size of the charging cable: V3 has thinner liquid cooling cable. V2 has thicker cable.

Then you can also look for the bigger charger cabinet and its spec label.