Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirmed!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to everyone for all their thoughts and opinions in helping with my decision. After some further waffling, I finally confirmed my order for a P85+! YIKES! My biggest new car purchase ever!!!

21" Grey Turbine Wheels
85 kWh Performance Model S
Alcantara Headliner
All Glass Panoramic Roof
Black Nappa Leather Seats
Carbon Fiber Décor
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Matching Yacht Floor
Parcel Shelf
Parking Sensors
Performance Plus
Red Multi-Coat Paint
Smart Air Suspension
Subzero Weather Package
Supercharger Enabled
Tech Package
Ultra High Fidelity Sound

Having seconds thoughts on the high power home charging option and asked about it before but didn't think much about road trips. Right now, I rarely go on road trips....maybe once a year. The new Tesla could change that with the twin chargers. My current house is older and as has a 100A at the main, but it sounds like I could still use the HPWC at lower amps...? However, my daily commute isn't much. So question is, is the high power home charging option worthwhile or not for road trips with a P85+? What made you decide to get it or not get it?

Last edited:
Having seconds thoughts on the high power home charging option and asked about it before but didn't think much about road trips. Right now, I rarely go on road trips....maybe once a year. The new Tesla could change that with the twin chargers. My current house is older and as has a 100A at the main, but it sounds like I could still use the HPWC at lower amps...? However, my daily commute isn't much. So question is, is the high power home charging option worthwhile or not for road trips with a P85+? What made you decide to get it or not get it?

I was in the same boat...I got the HPWC and upgraded my home service to 200A because I know that this won't be the last electrical vehicle I will own, and if I decide to get 2 Tesla's, then I wouldn't have to think about upgrading.

Since I am getting an electrician to come over anyways, I figure I would suck it up and do the whole thing - plus I've orders the twin chargers and Canadian's get $1000 rebate from the government with the HPWC. Didn't want to miss the opportunity.

In any case, different people have different views or different situations. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
E4

I was in the same boat...I got the HPWC and upgraded my home service to 200A because I know that this won't be the last electrical vehicle I will own, and if I decide to get 2 Tesla's, then I wouldn't have to think about upgrading.

Since I am getting an electrician to come over anyways, I figure I would suck it up and do the whole thing - plus I've orders the twin chargers and Canadian's get $1000 rebate from the government with the HPWC. Didn't want to miss the opportunity.

In any case, different people have different views or different situations. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
E4

I'm in Canada (Mississauga) as well. Can you point me to information about about the $1000 rebate for an HPWC?

I'm in Canada (Mississauga) as well. Can you point me to information about about the $1000 rebate for an HPWC?

I am waiting for the contractor to do the work and he'll send me the link for the HPWC. I'll post once I receive the link/forms. Unless others have the form?

Do you have someone to install your charger/outlet? I believe Tesla (Yorkdale) recommends Joe Electric - look him up (http://jmlelectric.ca/)....he's installed 250+ chargers for Nissan/Tesla/etc.