Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirming Delivery Performance Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RoBoRaT

PoPeYeD'SaiLoRDuDe
Nov 22, 2018
NorthSoCal
Anybody else received email to confirm able to accept delivery within March 2020?
index.php

Performance Model Y
MSM PUP
No FSD
Ordered Jan 29, 2020
SoCal

Attachments

• 20200224_204700.jpg
    20200224_204700.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 4,591
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes got the same one. I ordered in November 2019, thinking that I would have until end of 2020 to prepare. Guess they had fewer preorders than expected, or maybe it’s because I’m a Tesla owner in CA and that moved me up the list?? I th in k I’m going to cancel and get my $2500 back.

I know - same thought, thinking that I have later in 2020 since I only reserved last month (Jan 29th).
Also Tesla owner in SoCal, maybe that counted for something.
Unfortunately our Model X was totaled last week but fortunately this Model Y will replace it sooner than expected.

Tesla starts confirming Model Y deliveries to customers - Electrek

Now Tesla has now started sending out emails confirming delivery for some lucky customers who previously placed their orders. Once customers go on Tesla’s website to confirm their availability, they are given a range of dates so they can give Tesla options to deliver the car in March. All reports we got so far didn’t offer options before March 15:

Screen-Shot-2020-02-24-at-10.07.33-PM.jpg

The Tesla Model Y Performance configuration is the one being delivered first and owners on both the west coast and east coast are reporting having received the email configuration. Last month, we reported that Tesla Model Y Performance got its CARB certification – confirming the updated range of 315 miles on a single charge.

Reactions: RoBoRaT
This is both exciting for 'yall but very concerning that they may not have many orders. The fact that folks who ordered the car in Feb get them so fast.
Well, if the past is prologue, then Tesla is going to initially deliver only a high-end configuration. Those who reserved this configuration will get tapped first, leapfrogging even those who may have reserved a long time ago, but with different configurations.

Additionally, West Coast reservations will likely get fulfilled first, so earlier reservations from other geographies may end up getting their cars later than those who may have reserved later, but are located closer to the factory.

So, the fact that someone who reserved recently is already getting an invitation to order is not necessarily indicative of a paucity of overall reservations.

Last edited:
Well, if the past is prologue, then Tesla is going to initially deliver only a high-end configuration. Those who reserved this configuration will get tapped first, leapfrogging even those who may have reserved a long time ago, but with different configurations.

Additionally, West Coast reservations will likely get fulfilled first, so earlier reservations from other geographies may end up getting their cars later than those who may have reserved later, but are located closer to the factory.

So, the fact that someone who reserved recently is already getting an invitation to order is not necessarily indicative of a paucity of overall reservations.

exactly! I live in Sacramento, performance, white color, figured I would be one of the first (never owned a Tesla before)

• Informative
Reactions: house9 and RoBoRaT
Yes got the same one. I ordered in November 2019, thinking that I would have until end of 2020 to prepare. Guess they had fewer preorders than expected, or maybe it’s because I’m a Tesla owner in CA and that moved me up the list?? I th in k I’m going to cancel and get my $2500 back.
Would you be interested to sell your reservation to me as I am waiting for my Model Y.

Relative newb here — I received the email (day 1 reservation in NY). Can I stay at the front of the line until I am ready to purchase? I’ve been burned a couple of times by taking a new model on rollout. I’m hopeful that the M3 launch ironed out a lot of issues...