Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confused about charging my model 3 on a road trip when no Superchargers are on the way

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What other charging options are available? This would be the first I've heard of the Tesla network being inferior to the competition.

For some, its not necessarily that the charging network is inferior, but that a supercharger is more out of the way on where they want to go than some other charger. Im in CA so that really doesnt happen (much) here, but even here, there are reasons someone might want to charge at another network for convenience, free charging, its at the restaurant / grocery store Im at, etc.

In this OPs case however, we definitely do not have enough information to see that charging at something other than superchargers is required to complete the trip, and in fact some have posted information showing that there are superchargers around the area they are saying they want to go.

Without the OP at least providing starting and finishing cities or something, there isnt much else we can do to help that we havent already done in this thread.

This feels like a troll post.
All you have to do is enter or say the address into the navigation and it will show you exactly where to charge.
Some people don't use their car navigation because most car navigation sucks (even in EVs) and only use Google maps on their phone. I can see someone just carrying over that practice to their Tesla. Unfortunately Google maps works very poorly for planning charging.

I can’t charge my Tesla 3 at other EV charging stations. My adaptor won’t fit. It seems like You need different CHAdeMO DC adapter. I was reading that Model 3, Y can’t use it. What to do? I need to drive 300 miles and there is no Tesla charging stations on my way. Any advice?
Have you tried entering your destination into the Tesla navigation system? What does it tell you?

As mentioned previously, there are dozens of Tesla Superchargers within a 300 mile radius of your location.

So... when someone asks a question in a forum and people immediately respond with a link to Google or coldly tell them to search, it really annoys me. Then you get someone like the OP and all of those people are a little more justified in their unhelpfulness.

So... when someone asks a question in a forum and people immediately respond with a link to Google or coldly tell them to search, it really annoys me. Then you get someone like the OP and all of those people are a little more justified in their unhelpfulness.
The reply I hate the most is "Google is your friend". No, Google is not my friend. My friends will give me a single answer, right or wrong. Google gives you every answer, right or wrong, and leaves you to decide which of them is right, which puts you right back where you started.