Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confused about streaming music

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have read many threads regarding streaming music, but I haven't seen a clear answer to one question I have (although I am sure it has been answered somewhere). I purchased a used 2015 Model S a couple of years ago. Due to its age, it has Premium Connectivity for life. I have enjoyed the streaming music, but have found that some artists or albums or songs are not in the database.
1) Does Tesla maintain their own music database or do they use another company's?
2) Is there a way to search that database when I'm on a computer?

I also have one other question. I know I can pause or skip a song. But is there a way to "rewind" or "fastforward" in the middle of a sing?

Thanks.

...1) Does Tesla maintain their own music database or do they use another company's?...
No, not on its own and yes, other companies.
2) Is there a way to search that database when I'm on a computer?
I am not sure what is the purpose of a search but sure you can generically search for a song on the free Slacker.com and if it doesn't have one on the computer web, you can surf to Spotify.com and see if it has it. If Spotify has it, then it might be reasonable to pay for it so you can enjoy the song that the free Slacker.com doesn't have it in your computer or your Tesla car.
...But is there a way to "rewind" or "fastforward" in the middle of a sing?...
No. Not for streaming. You can skip a song in both free Slacker.com and paid Spotify.com but to repeat a song, I think you have to pay.

the streaming radio is from slacker not tesla.
you cant fast forward or rewind the song

if you were to buy a super premium slacker account maybe but you'd best email slacker about that because the "free" one we get with no commercials isn't actually free its the premium and its just paid for by tesla.