Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confused and frustrated with schedule departure and schedule charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a case where my car thought it was about 40 miles away. The car locked it self which tipped me off something was up as I have sentry/locks disabled @home.

This meant:
1. My default Amp setting at home 25A was now 48A.
2. Sentry Mode armed
3. Any scheduled charging tied to home reset to new location
4. TezLab thought I had a new charging location too haha.
5. When I opened the door the may showed the car west of my actual location.

I had to physically back the car out of the garage (metal roof) and in within a couple minutes it snapped back home.

Could have been a network issue with ISP via wifi or some glitch with software/gps.

I have also seen cases where the change in the app doesn’t stick. Either car was still asleep or the parameter change got lost over network. Its been rare but since I only occasionally schedule departure/charge due to road trips or winter time departures preconditioning the battery its maybe failed 2 times due to haste. Having it geo set to home means after I return from a trip I’m going to get the same treatment the next morning as when I left for my trip - something to watch out for. Like forgetting you set your charge rate to 90% at a supercharger to buy some time while shopping. Then get home and recharge the car higher than I normally would.

Same for my model 3. It’s been doing this for atleast a year. It’s so frustrsting -especially now that the app proudly tells me the cost break down and how 1/3 my charge is always at the higher rate. Argh.

I keep setting it to scheduled charge, then without fail within hours or days it’s back to departure charge. No 3rd party access.

Same for my model 3. It’s been doing this for atleast a year. It’s so frustrsting -especially now that the app proudly tells me the cost break down and how 1/3 my charge is always at the higher rate. Argh.

I keep setting it to scheduled charge, then without fail within hours or days it’s back to departure charge. No 3rd party access.
Did you turn off the "Off-peak Charge" Option under the Departure section?