Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

confused on enhanced summon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all. So for those of us with Enhanced auto pilot purchased before the price difference and new offerings that Tesla did to those options will we get the enhanced summon automatically when its released to the masses? I do not own the FSD 2k option for my model 3 but paid the 5k for the enhanced auto pilot. Im confused since I was just on the phone with Tesla support due to my car still on the old 2018 firmware and the support agent pushed one of the latest public 2019 firmwares to me ( its installing now ). I asked about enhanced summon and if it would be part of this update ( a boy can dream ) and as it was getting pushed to me today but he said not yet but its part of the FSD package. Now I know if buying those systems today it is part of the FSD package but those of us grandfathered by having summon already will get it part of EAP?

Thanks for any info. Doug

I don't think anyone knows for sure, but the assumption is that those of us the purchased EAP (without FSD) will get all the enhancements to Navigate on AP and Advanced Summon. However, both of those are only just now only going out to the early access program users so it will likely be a few weeks before it see more widespread deployment.
Tesla starts rolling out new Navigate on Autopilot and Enhanced Summon features

I think for now it is assumed that EAP will keep Summon, AutoPark, and NoA. Elon may have even confirmed this on Twitter but I'm too lazy to go look for it right now.

However, in the future it's entirely possible that a FSD version of Summon may diverge from the EAP version, especially given the supposed difference in hardware.

why didn't you buy FSD for $2k? seems like a great deal if they deliver

the alleged ability to drive in town while recognizing stop lights and stop signs is way better than some gimmick advanced summon

redgt, i actually enjoy driving my car and always have with all my cars. Having the enhanced experience for highway trips is one thing and having the navigate on autopilot is a god send for me but having summon and hopefully the advanced summon a nice to have.
I picked up my model 3 for all the environmentally sound enhancements it has over a traditional car, the over the air updates and of course the auto pilot for highway trips. i don't see myself wanting or using the full self driving for around town stop and go driving. I was thinking about the 2k purchase but that deal has expired. Thanks for all the comments on my question guys.