Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confused P3D Owner..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was sitting at a Starbucks with my stealth P3D parked up front. Guy and his kid walks by, rubber necks for a sec and realizes the performance spoiler and badge. He then walks back and starts staring at my wheels for the longest time. First the rear and then the front. Even bends down to get a closer look. At first I thought he was admiring my aftermarket wheels but then I eventually saw him get into his P3D and realized that maybe he was trying to figure out why my red painted break calipers looked different then his. Or he figured "this guy must have bought the spoiler and badge off someone...what a faker". I guess not everyone knows about the stealth P3D. :confused:

Reactions: Arpe and KenC
Why did you get a so called Stealth and then ‘bling’ it out with all the Performance ‘attire’ (i.e. Spoiler and Red Underline Dual Motor Badging)?o_O And then paint the calipers? I thought the whole point of you Stealthers was to be.......well.......Stealthers?

Ski

I just got a p3d-, the point wasnt to be stealthy, it was to get a nicer ride with the 18 wheels and less worry about damaging wheels while saving 5k.

Why did you get a so called Stealth and then ‘bling’ it out with all the Performance ‘attire’ (i.e. Spoiler and Red Underline Dual Motor Badging)?o_O And then paint the calipers? I thought the whole point of you Stealthers was to be.......well.......Stealthers?

Ski
The dual motor badging with the red underline is there from the factory on the P3D-. That’s how they’re selling them these days.

Or he figured "this guy must have bought the spoiler and badge off someone...what a faker". I guess not everyone knows about the stealth P3D. :confused:

Being curious is not the same as being ignorant or judgmental.

I take a close look at any custom Model 3 if I have the time.

Saw a Black Model 3 with stealth ppf, chrome delete, red calipers but RWD.

Not my personal taste but I’m sure it looks good to the owner.

Reactions: Nocturnal

Ski
I think we should call the original crop of "P3D Stealth's": P3D--, P3D-², or P3Ds (small s for being stealthy) and the current crop P3D- because the new ones are not as "stealthy" as they used to be.

Ski
The badges come from the factory. The point of going with the P3D- is to save cost and not have to get the 20" wheels. Painting the calipers is a nice aesthetic touch as well as the spoiler.

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
The badges come from the factory. The point of going with the P3D- is to save cost and not have to get the 20" wheels. Painting the calipers is a nice aesthetic touch as well as the spoiler.
Exactly as I would have done if it was an option when I bought my car. (I begged for it and was told “nope, we don’t do that”...I’m not bitter, not at all)

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
I got the "stealth" model not to be stealthy but the $5k upgrade package didn't make sense for me. That money was better spent on some much needed upgrades. Stock 20'' wheels...blah...way more better looking and stronger wheels out there. Slightly lowered suspension...nah...already had my eye on MPP sport coilovers. Spoiler....got lucky and SC installed the spoiler by mistake when they installed the badge. They only realized their mistake afterwards. Pedals...amazon is your friend. Calipers...don't really need the bigger brakes and red caliper paint gives it the nice aesthetics and definitely pops. At the end of the day you still have the performance of the P but more customized to make it your own and stand out from the zillions of models 3s in silicon valley...pic speaks for itself. @N54TT

KITT.jpg

I got the "stealth" model not to be stealthy but the $5k upgrade package didn't make sense for me. That money was better spent on some much needed upgrades. Stock 20'' wheels...blah...way more better looking and stronger wheels out there. Slightly lowered suspension...nah...already had my eye on MPP sport coilovers. Spoiler....got lucky and SC installed the spoiler by mistake when they installed the badge. They only realized their mistake afterwards. Pedals...amazon is your friend. Calipers...don't really need the bigger brakes and red caliper paint gives it the nice aesthetics and definitely pops. At the end of the day you still have the performance of the P but more customized to make it your own and stand out from the zillions of models 3s in silicon valley...pic speaks for itself. @N54TT

View attachment 442108

Massachusetts is now the #1 Tesla market on the East Coast.. not nearly as many as CA.......but I'm glad I made mine stand out, too.