TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Confused P3D Owner..

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by KIIT, Aug 14, 2019.

1. KIIT

KIIT Member

Was sitting at a Starbucks with my stealth P3D parked up front. Guy and his kid walks by, rubber necks for a sec and realizes the performance spoiler and badge. He then walks back and starts staring at my wheels for the longest time. First the rear and then the front. Even bends down to get a closer look. At first I thought he was admiring my aftermarket wheels but then I eventually saw him get into his P3D and realized that maybe he was trying to figure out why my red painted break calipers looked different then his. Or he figured "this guy must have bought the spoiler and badge off someone...what a faker". I guess not everyone knows about the stealth P3D. :confused:

• Like x 2
  2. zhu-

zhu- Member

Maybe he noticed your brake paint was better looking and went off to the service center to complain about the 'paint detects' on his.

• Funny x 4
    • Like x 1
  3. skrtskrt

skrtskrt Member

If yours was stealth from factory how are the calipers painted?

4. Skione65

Skione65 Member

Why did you get a so called Stealth and then ‘bling’ it out with all the Performance ‘attire’ (i.e. Spoiler and Red Underline Dual Motor Badging)?o_O And then paint the calipers? I thought the whole point of you Stealthers was to be.......well.......Stealthers?

Ski

• Like x 4
  5. DavidS314

DavidS314 Member

I just got a p3d-, the point wasnt to be stealthy, it was to get a nicer ride with the 18 wheels and less worry about damaging wheels while saving 5k.

• Like x 5
  6. N54TT

N54TT Member

@KIIT post pics of your car and wheels!!

7. Jefsla

Jefsla Member

The dual motor badging with the red underline is there from the factory on the P3D-. That’s how they’re selling them these days.

• Like x 3
  8. MXWing

MXWing Well-Known Member

Being curious is not the same as being ignorant or judgmental.

I take a close look at any custom Model 3 if I have the time.

Saw a Black Model 3 with stealth ppf, chrome delete, red calipers but RWD.

Not my personal taste but I’m sure it looks good to the owner.

• Like x 1
  9. ModelNforNerd

ModelNforNerd Active Member

I have an aftermarket spoiler and 3rd party wheels. People can look at my Model 3 and call me a poser all they like.

They can also inspect my taillights and lack of badge too, since that's the most common view of my car they'll have while we're moving.

• Like x 2
  10. Funkmobile

Funkmobile Member

I think we should call the original crop of "P3D Stealth's": P3D--, P3D-², or P3Ds (small s for being stealthy) and the current crop P3D- because the new ones are not as "stealthy" as they used to be.

11. SigNC

SigNC Member

Do new P3D- come with a spoiler? They didn't used to.

12. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

The badges come from the factory. The point of going with the P3D- is to save cost and not have to get the 20" wheels. Painting the calipers is a nice aesthetic touch as well as the spoiler.

• Like x 1
  13. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

nope.

• Like x 1
  14. Mrcarcrazy

Mrcarcrazy Member

Exactly as I would have done if it was an option when I bought my car. (I begged for it and was told “nope, we don’t do that”...I’m not bitter, not at all)

• Like x 1
  15. SigNC

SigNC Member

so the OP did in fact buy the spoiler off somebody else then

16. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

You can buy it off someone that opted not to install theirs or buy a replica from ebay or rpmtesla.

17. KIIT

KIIT Member

I got the "stealth" model not to be stealthy but the $5k upgrade package didn't make sense for me. That money was better spent on some much needed upgrades. Stock 20'' wheels...blah...way more better looking and stronger wheels out there. Slightly lowered suspension...nah...already had my eye on MPP sport coilovers. Spoiler....got lucky and SC installed the spoiler by mistake when they installed the badge. They only realized their mistake afterwards. Pedals...amazon is your friend. Calipers...don't really need the bigger brakes and red caliper paint gives it the nice aesthetics and definitely pops. At the end of the day you still have the performance of the P but more customized to make it your own and stand out from the zillions of models 3s in silicon valley...pic speaks for itself. @N54TT

KITT.jpg

• Like x 5
    • Love x 2
  18. ModelNforNerd

Massachusetts is now the #1 Tesla market on the East Coast.. not nearly as many as CA.......but I'm glad I made mine stand out, too.

19. KIIT

KIIT Member

Let's see a pic! @ModelNforNerd

20. ModelNforNerd

• Like x 4
    • Love x 2