Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

confusion!! Tesla model s versus another basic priced sports car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

woman

Jan 11, 2019
uk
So
my Husband has spent probably £100,000 on new and nearly new cars in 10 years
this is all i know - i don't know about running costs
i do know that he got some of this money back on part exchanges but generally he buys a totally different car every 20 months roughly and is now wants to buy an RCZ R
(he already had an RCZ and it was great but it did not hold his interest

it is about £18,000 with less than £10,000 miles on the clock

i'd rather get a Tesla S on finance
this is UK i heard the govt is offering £5,000 for purchase of electric cars is that right?

I worked out the running costs and price etc on line and have found the cost of the Tesla £10 000 in the first year although with the £5000 govt payment would that make it roughly £5000 only?

I am not so sure about models of Teslas
i like the S
I guess there is a lot of difference between models and etc.
if we got a used 40,000 miles on the clock Tesla model S i think it would be about

The below
2018 Model S 75D
£69,556 £645 /mo.

anyone know if this would be much more expensive than running an RCZR and all the loss entailed by changing car every few months!!

Model S is an expensive car and will depreciate faster as well. The running costs are very low if your area has cheap electricity. If you are buying new, you will get warranty as well that will cover pretty much any issues that arise.

If you guys change cars every few months, it's really hard to give proper advice :)

Why not buy a used one - used electric cars perform pretty much like new. Keep it a few months, as usual, and sell it before more depreciation happens. Once Model 3 hits the UK later this year, there will be something new to try. A used MS will be cheaper still after the Model 3 hits shores.

Model S is a big car and isn't a sports car. The "P" model accelerates hard and let's call it a "thrust car" - good for "launches" as they call it around the USA. Impresses friends but also puts people into ditches if they over-drive it. Some have actually seen failed suspension parts (posted here on TMC with pictures).