Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Congrats on 3000 Members

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Prime Mover

R Sport #1029; S #2117
Aug 3, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Very soon the Tesla Motors Club Forum will reach the level of 3000 registered members. That number does not include the many people who read this forum but never sign-up to post.

I would like to congratulate the designers and moderators (and, of course, all of us "content providers") for giving everyone a great site to share knowledge and ideas about next-generation automobiles (including our beloved Tesla brand) without the controversy and negativity that plagues so many other forums.

Members, please keep telling us your experiences. It is always great to sign-in and see what new discussions and issues are being raised by the group.

Thank you for providing a place for us to advance the cause of an electric, sustainable future for motor vehicles.

Some more numbers:

We see around 21,000 visits a month serving about 130,000 pages.

Most of you spend around 5 or 6 minutes on a visit.

You come from natural search mostly looking for Tesla but 'Reddit.com' is in second place then Tesla Motors own site. The link on Wikipedia is quite effective too. Twitter falls behind that but they're good links as you tend to stay on the site for twice the average.

Over three quarters of you are English speaking with Germany and the Netherlands following. Only 1 in 100 are French, Italian or Spanish.

We definitely attract what can only be described as 'Independent thinkers' most of you use Firefox over IE, Safari & Chrome on your computers but not the usual candidates; yes three quarters of you are on PC's but twice the norm are on Mac's and 2.3% on Linux; also twice the norm however I can't image what the experience is like for the 2% of you that hit us on dialup, which is odd as most of you have pretty spiffy new computers.

It's amazing the information that we get from the web browser but rest assured, we don't collect any personal data and we certainly don't share any of the data that you offer up to us in your profile... We get the privacy thing!

VFX: You how before when you ran out of space on your monitor bezel to stick sticky-notes you got a bigger monitor. Well I'm considering a bigger monitor to be able to fit most of my tabs without more then one round of scrolling :)
And yes yay us... How many Norwegians do you have in the stats MPT?

Cobos

Actually VFX you already got most of them. The big incentive in Norway is we deincentivize the ICE cars, and thus remove those for EVs. That's why the Roadster Sport only costs about 40% of the comparable Porsche 911 GT2 :)

Cobos

Actually VFX you already got most of them. The big incentive in Norway is we deincentivize the ICE cars, and thus remove those for EVs. That's why the Roadster Sport only costs about 40% of the comparable Porsche 911 GT2 :)

Cobos

Sweet. That could never happen here though. Would be nice to see such "deincentivization" proposed for cars not built in the US and add an carbon tax, gasoline tax etc. but we just have to get by with our Fed rebate.

VFX
Happy with my $7,500 and a plate of lingonberries.