Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connect 2 Neurio meters via cable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Due to WIFI issues and slow connections, can I wire the 2 Neurio meters 50M apart via cable . So i did read through all the posts these are my issues

1) HOme mains are 50M away from summer house where the GW1 and PW2 is placed+ solar inverters. Has a Neurio meter
2) The installer recommended a 2nd Neurio near home mains add CT's and link into the other Neurio in Summer house
3) I have WIFI in both places but different SSID as I have another router in summer house so i dont think WIFI is an option,

Thanks again

Short answer: no.

Neurios need to be on the same SSID as the gateway, and for all of them to have reserved, fixed IP addresses. What you can do is either run an ethernet cable to an access point or wireless repeater that just serves your neurio at the mains, and run it out to wherever the gateway is, or where the gateway's router is (at the summer house), or vice versa.

All the best,

BG

Connecting two neurio is quite simple, actually. Get each one assigned the desired IP address in your central router, and make sure that the neurio and gateway IP addresses are fixed at the router. The method has been covered elsewhere here. You must powercycle the neurio to get it to turn on its WiFi, and then move quickly before it turns off. Don't use a browser in a private mode. Once the neurios are configured, login to your gateway and pair each neurio with the gateway and assign the CT function, grid solar, house, etc. You need to get into the configuration menus for your gateway. If you don't have the installer credentials, then your installer should be able to. I haven't been in the configuration menu of a gen 1 gateway, but in a gen 2 gateway, there is a page that enables the assignment of the current meters. I presume that there is a similar, if not identical page in the gen 1 gateways. The gen 2 gateways have entries for six CTs, IIRC.

All the best,

BG

Reactions: JJ-Moonstone
Sorry. The link somehow got corrupted when I copied it over.

The whole thread is here;

All the best,

BG

THanks @BGbreeder you have been so helpful. So if i get this right, I can set the Backup Gateway 1( to monitor SOLAR CT's) and NEURIO meter to track house with CT's on main from house connected via HOME WIFI(extended). SO basically i would need only 1 NEURIO External meter. I am not sure why the installer booked 2 of them, It was quite expensive at £400+ as well.