Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connect to private VPN server

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if it is possible to connect the browser to a personal/private VPN server?
I am running a smart house that uses a web interface to control the house. If connected to my private VPN server I can access the LAN and get to the web interface and control my house. Is this possible? It would be nice to control it from the cars web browser.

Does anyone know if it is possible to connect the browser to a personal/private VPN server?
I am running a smart house that uses a web interface to control the house. If connected to my private VPN server I can access the LAN and get to the web interface and control my house. Is this possible? It would be nice to control it from the cars web browser.

Not without rooting the processor running on the CID, no.

Also, your phone / tablet probably has a more functional Web browser than what's in the car.

Bruce.

Last thing Tesla wants is all that traffic (Alexa/Smart home) through their VPN, or all that traffic over the LTE (if it was split tunnelled...). :D I think really we have to assume the answer is mount a phone or tablet, and use our own LTE for data. I already use my phone in a ProClip for better Nav/TurnByTurn.