Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connect your Wall Connector to Tesla's app - Coming soon

Who has the ability to manage their gen 3 wall connector inside the Tesla App?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious how much management you expect to do with a wall connector. Although I collect various usage data from mine using the REST interface, aside from the initial configuration, I see no need to access the web gui for it. I think the last time I did anything to it was to lock down access to my car only.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems that most charge-related functions (rate, max level) are controlled by the car.

Reactions: Cyberspeed
I'm curious how much management you expect to do with a wall connector. Although I collect various usage data from mine using the REST interface, aside from the initial configuration, I see no need to access the web gui for it. I think the last time I did anything to it was to lock down access to my car only.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems that most charge-related functions (rate, max level) are controlled by the car.
I'd be interested in energy sent / received. (Charge efficiency)

beyond that maybe I'll finally get sonic on my MYP. lol

Looking forward to this for FW updates. As i understand now the only way to do it is upon initial setup it downloads the latest but beyond that I don't believe there is any push for updates. So not sure if the expectation is to manually update FW on these. But with app connectivity I suspect this will be more seamless like the rest of the car updates.

It is January 2023 and I don't seem to be able to add my Gen 3 Wall Connector to my Tesla App on my iPhone My App is version 4.16.1-1536. According to reports several months ago, the process is supposed to be:

Launch the Tesla App​
Profile (the face outline in the upper-right corner)​
Add/Remove Products​

but there is no choice for Wall Connector. I did verify that my Wall Connector does show in my account's Order History in my Tesla account via my computer. But my Wall Connector doesn't show up in my Dashboard. Should it?

I updated the Wall Connector firmware shortly after I got it in 2021 (I know that I have the firmware version with the VIN restrictions feature with that firmware) but I don't know the Wall Connector's present firmware version nor if it is autoupdating. It is connected to my home's WiFi.

At this point, does anyone have the Tesla App talking to their Wall Connector? The survey says 92% no; but those results might be dated.

Thanks,

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | made/delivered Oct 2021

I don't know the Wall Connector's present firmware version nor if it is autoupdating. It is connected to my home's WiFi.
I use an app called Wall Monitor to give me some limited visibility to what my Gen 3 wall connector is doing. One of its features is it tracks firmware versions in use (by devices that are connected to it). See Firmware Tracker | Wall Monitor for the current breakdown of firmware versions.

My wall connector just updated today to firmware 22.41.2 (from 22.33.1) and - to the question of this thread - with that new firmware I still don’t have any ability to add the wall connector to my Tesla account and hence see it in the phone app. I’d *like* to be able to see the charger power usage on the Powerwall/Energy part of the app (as a breakout from house consumption where charging gets included now) - maybe that’ll come one day.

I have exactly the same problem. but a 2023 Model Y delivered in late 2022. Wall charger hooked up and charging my Tesla just fine, and on home wifi, but not able to see anything on it except part no. and serial no. No idea what version of firmware is currently loaded on my wall charger.

Reactions: e645824
It is January 2023 and I don't seem to be able to add my Gen 3 Wall Connector to my Tesla App on my iPhone My App is version 4.16.1-1536. According to reports several months ago, the process is supposed to be:

Launch the Tesla App​
Profile (the face outline in the upper-right corner)​
Add/Remove Products​

but there is no choice for Wall Connector. I did verify that my Wall Connector does show in my account's Order History in my Tesla account via my computer. But my Wall Connector doesn't show up in my Dashboard. Should it?

I updated the Wall Connector firmware shortly after I got it in 2021 (I know that I have the firmware version with the VIN restrictions feature with that firmware) but I don't know the Wall Connector's present firmware version nor if it is autoupdating. It is connected to my home's WiFi.

At this point, does anyone have the Tesla App talking to their Wall Connector? The survey says 92% no; but those results might be dated.

Thanks,

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | made/delivered Oct 2021
My understanding is that this has only been enabled for wall connectors in the UK to enable compliance w/ their "Smart Charge Points" regulation:

Note: Wall Connectors purchased after July 1st 2022 have required functionality to be Electric Vehicles (Smart Charge Points) Regulations 2021 compliant in UK. Tesla App 4.10 or newer must be used to setup their product in app and details will be provided at point of purchase.

Excerpted from: UK Wall Connector Support

It's disappointing (although at this point I'm unsurprised) - I have 3 at home and would love to be able to keep on eye on them in the app.

Reactions: JimmyPb and e645824
I have exactly the same problem. but a 2023 Model Y delivered in late 2022. Wall charger hooked up and charging my Tesla just fine, and on home wifi, but not able to see anything on it except part no. and serial no. No idea what version of firmware is currently loaded on my wall charger.

Thanks to JimmyPo and blecchus_rex for their comments. Like Ted H mentioned, it appears that the Wall Monitor app is the only way to talk to the Wall Connector in the US. I have the free Wall Monitor app on my iPhone from the App Store. It shows voltage, frequency, charge info, and the firmware version on the Tesla Wall Connector.

Scott

PS see this Not A Tesla App article from July 2022 for a little more background:
https://www.notateslaapp.com/softwa...to-connect-your-wall-connector-to-tesla-s-app

--

Reactions: JimmyPb
I would rather enjoy being able to see my wall charger in the app. Not sure what benefit I would get out of it, but that doesn't keep me from wanting it! :D

Honestly, I'd just check periodically that it had the latest firmware...

Thanks to JimmyPo and blecchus_rex for their comments. Like Ted H mentioned, it appears that the Wall Monitor app is the only way to talk to the Wall Connector in the US. I have the free Wall Monitor app on my iPhone from the App Store. It shows voltage, frequency, charge info, and the firmware version on the Tesla Wall Connector.

Scott

PS see this Not A Tesla App article from July 2022 for a little more background:
https://www.notateslaapp.com/softwa...to-connect-your-wall-connector-to-tesla-s-app

--

Thanks Scott, I did download the free version of the wall monitor and keep an eye on my firmware version no. and I don't need the charging stats provided by the bought version of wall monitor, either. I did, however buy the Teslafi app as the data there lets you "geek" out on all the information Tesla provides but doesn't store for you, where Teslafi stores and lets you look at all your charges, trips and mapped routes. I like that level of detail. I also liked its ability to track your battery efficiency compared to other Teslas signed up to Teslafi.

Jim