Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ConnectedSolutions Demand Response Revisit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am once again considering whether to join Eversource's Demand Response program in NH. The program had been stopped but there's word it will get going again this year. The NH program provides for $225 per average kW with 30-60 events of 3 hours from June 1st to September 30th. I have 3 PWs and my thought was to (if possible) allow up to 10kW draw-dawn, making the annual payment $2,250. This would more than cover the price of a required transformer upgrade before I can sign up.

Is there a general consensus on whether:
1. Battery draw-dawn lessens the life of battery, and if so how much?
2. Tesla always takes a cut and if so how much? NH is not listed on Tesla's Demand Response page and sign up appears to be direct with Eversource/NH.
3. There are still issues with the program (e.g., draw-dawn past reserve or during storms)?
4. The Demand Response payment is taxable?

NH does not have 1:1 net metering or TOU rates. We pay more for inbound electricity than what we are paid for outgoing. Last summer we produced ~1MW/month more than we used. Winter time we ran a deficit of 2.0–2.5MW/month.

when I got my system in 2018 I was told by the sales rep that the volume/frequency of battery draw down degrades performance over time and also shortens the overall lifespan. I'm pretty sure that there was some language in my original contract on this topic as it related to warranty. I will try and dig it up and report back here. we have net metering and flat rate here so I only draw down in grid outages.

Reactions: zƬesla
Heard back from Eversource/NH that the current Demand Response program remains closed and will go away. They are apparently replacing it with another where they help customers pay for Powerwalls and are automatically enrolled in Demand Response. Wonder what the install $ incentive will be.

Heard back from Eversource/NH that the current Demand Response program remains closed and will go away. They are apparently replacing it with another where they help customers pay for Powerwalls and are automatically enrolled in Demand Response. Wonder what the install $ incentive will be.
Bummer. The pessimist in me thinks they came to the conclusion that the previous program wasn’t in their favor enough. I wouldn’t want to have my ESS bound to the utility unless it was free.

Bummer. The pessimist in me thinks they came to the conclusion that the previous program wasn’t in their favor enough. I wouldn’t want to have my ESS bound to the utility unless it was free.
Looks like they have a program in CT where they pay 50% of the battery cost, up to $7500, and are allowed draw-downs for 10 years. Guessing they may do the same in NH?