Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connecticut (Mt. Kisco) AWD delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also remember reading some where in a forum where they topped off the available funds once the original amount depleted/close to depletion as the year end approached last year it will be dumb for us to loose $3K when we have to pay 7.75% sales tax plus the ridiculous property tax every year with no tax deduction benefit.

Agree w you but when is the last time common sense prevailed in the tax code:(

Let's see, hopefully, it works until year end as at this point it is likely a lot of the Sep deliveries are going to slip into October.
Sub optimal as the cars are just going to sit in random storage areas/trucks across the country for few weeks, won't help with keeping cars pristine

I'm picking up at Mt. Kisco on Monday afternoon (the 24th). Got all my fingers crossed that it goes smoothly.
I ordered blue, AWD, white interior, no EAP, but I've tried out autopilot on my son's and decided to get it after all. I called Mt. Kisco yesterday and they said that they'd move the car into service to be prepped either today or Saturday and would add autopilot before delivery.

Reactions: forkliter
After reading here, I called Mt Kisco to confirm my delivery for 9/25 and see if the car was on the lot. The girl who answered the phone asked me for my VIN and after looking up said the car is coming from Baltimore and not at the Mt Kisco facility yet.
Not sure if I will get delivery Tuesday if it has not even arrived at the SC

After reading here, I called Mt Kisco to confirm my delivery for 9/25 and see if the car was on the lot. The girl who answered the phone asked me for my VIN and after looking up said the car is coming from Baltimore and not at the Mt Kisco facility yet.
Not sure if I will get delivery Tuesday if it has not even arrived at the SC
Same here. My delivery is scheduled for 9/26. Good luck! Let us know updates as the date approaches, I’ll do the same.

Hopefully you don't get the dreaded call. My car is in Chicago apparently and will take 2+ weeks to make its way to Mt Kisco.
I strongly suggest you guys check in with Mt Kisco and see what they say as this the way I found out, no call from Tesla.

Hopefully you don't get the dreaded call. My car is in Chicago apparently and will take 2+ weeks to make its way to Mt Kisco.
I strongly suggest you guys check in with Mt Kisco and see what they say as this the way I found out, no call from Tesla.
That’s weird. My car was in Chicago earlier this week and in Maryland now, though I don’t know how long it was in Chicago before I called. I suspect it wouldn’t have moved until I pinged them. Did you have a delivery date when you called? It’s odd for them to quote 2 days now given the end of quarter push.

There are delays to train traffic in Chicago. It's super bad. It can take two days from the West Coast to Chicago, two days from Chicago to the East Coast, and *an entire week* to get from one side of Chicago to the other. It's been a national-scale problem for *over ten years*.

Basically the problem is that all the traffic flows for most of the country cross each other, at grade, on a two-track junction with another line running, at grade, across it at diamonds.

There's a program to untangle the rail lines in Chicago, called the CREATE program, but nobody will finish funding it. The most important part of it ("75th Street") costs about $1 billion, but it's only about half funded (a bridge is replacing the diamonds -- this just got funded in *June* after ten years of trying to get funding -- but the two-track chokepoint with criss-crossing traffic will remain). Our government would rather blow money on pointless wars in the Middle East than fix a traffic chokepoint that is slowing down *all of commerce in the United States*.

There are delays to train traffic in Chicago. It's super bad. It can take two days from the West Coast to Chicago, two days from Chicago to the East Coast, and *an entire week* to get from one side of Chicago to the other. It's been a national-scale problem for *over ten years*.

Basically the problem is that all the traffic flows for most of the country cross each other, at grade, on a two-track junction with another line running, at grade, across it at diamonds.

There's a program to untangle the rail lines in Chicago, called the CREATE program, but nobody will finish funding it. The most important part of it ("75th Street") costs about $1 billion, but it's only about half funded (a bridge is replacing the diamonds -- this just got funded in *June* after ten years of trying to get funding -- but the two-track chokepoint with criss-crossing traffic will remain). Our government would rather blow money on pointless wars in the Middle East than fix a traffic chokepoint that is slowing down *all of commerce in the United States*.

Very informative post.. thank you.. learned a bit.

For folks interested to learn more about the CREATE Program or to see the path your M3 is taking to your driveway.. check this.. Page #11 has the route details.

http://www.createprogram.org/linked_files/2017_CREATE overview_website.pdf

Wow, insanity! Do you think the cars from Maryland to New York are traveling by rail as well? Or Truck? Out of curiosity, how Are you so knowledgeable about the rail system across the country? I believe you had previously mentioned you were in the industry but if you don’t mind sharing what do you do? Just curious

Oh, rail's just a hobby. I do investments for a living, and I was invested in rail companies for a while. The Chicago chokepoint has been big news in the rail industry for *ten solid years*, which is how I know about it.

Maryland to Mt. Kisco NY is almost certainly transported by truck, because of another quirk of the US rail system -- since a railroad bridge burned in a fire in the 1970s (and was never rebuilt), the only way for freight rail to cross the Hudson River is at Albany, NY. (Freight doesn't fit through the passenger rail tunnels near NYC.)

So almost everything going east of the Hudson goes by truck. The exception are direct shipments from Chicago/Ohio/Michigan to Albany / Massachusetts.

This means a really unnecessarily large amount of truck traffic rumbling through Manhattan to get to Long Island and Connecticut. There's been proposals to fix this by building a freight rail tunnel under NY Harbor since... drumroll... 1910. Again, nobody's willing to fund it.

Another delay anecdote to add to the pile,

I was scheduled for a 9am delivery tomorrow 9/25 at Mt Kisco. I proactively reached out to both the local SC and my Delivery Advisor for confirmation this morning and was told I have not been matched to a VIN so we should reschedule. New date is Saturday afternoon (9/29), but I’m realizing now that any delivery dates they give out without a VIN assigned (and it seems like they have done this a lot) are a wish, not a promise. I’m fully expecting they will miss the new date too.

Seems like they have no idea what cars will arrive when. In this age of Amazon Prime and real-time UPS tracking, I find this disappointing. They have also totally bungled the job of communicating this crazy process to customers. People have lives to live that need to be reshuffled to make room for delivery appointments. Pushing delivery appointments on people when they don’t have a specific car earmarked for them is just a waste of everyone’s time.

4/3/2016: reservation deposit paid
6/27/2018; ordered Blue/Black/AWD/19”/FSD
9/6/2018: “Your Model 3 will be available between Friday, September 21 through Friday, September 28”
9/12/2018: Delivery scheduled for 9/25 @ Mt Kisco
9/20/2018: All “Prepare for Delivery” details confirmed. “We are drafting up your contract”. 9/25 delivery “on track”
9/24/2018: No VIN assigned, no MVPA drafted, reschedule for Sat 9/29, we all agree to cross fingers that a VIN match happens by then

Another delay anecdote to add to the pile,

I was scheduled for a 9am delivery tomorrow 9/25 at Mt Kisco. I proactively reached out to both the local SC and my Delivery Advisor for confirmation this morning and was told I have not been matched to a VIN so we should reschedule. New date is Saturday afternoon (9/29), but I’m realizing now that any delivery dates they give out without a VIN assigned (and it seems like they have done this a lot) are a wish, not a promise. I’m fully expecting they will miss the new date too.

Seems like they have no idea what cars will arrive when. In this age of Amazon Prime and real-time UPS tracking, I find this disappointing. They have also totally bungled the job of communicating this crazy process to customers. People have lives to live that need to be reshuffled to make room for delivery appointments. Pushing delivery appointments on people when they don’t have a specific car earmarked for them is just a waste of everyone’s time.

4/3/2016: reservation deposit paid
6/27/2018; ordered Blue/Black/AWD/19”/FSD
9/6/2018: “Your Model 3 will be available between Friday, September 21 through Friday, September 28”
9/12/2018: Delivery scheduled for 9/25 @ Mt Kisco
9/20/2018: All “Prepare for Delivery” details confirmed. “We are drafting up your contract”. 9/25 delivery “on track”
9/24/2018: No VIN assigned, no MVPA drafted, reschedule for Sat 9/29, we all agree to cross fingers that a VIN match happens by then

Yes , it’s crazy .. I feel they have failed completely on the delivery logistics ..
Reserved 3/31/2016
Configured 6/26/2018 L3 AWD 19 Blue Black.. estimated delivery September to October
Heard nothing so far .. tried calling them but no use .. they don’t even know why my Order doesn’t hv Vin yet ..
It appears everything is driving thru an algorithm..

• Love
Reactions: neroden
I'm picking up at Mt. Kisco on Monday afternoon (the 24th). Got all my fingers crossed that it goes smoothly.
I ordered blue, AWD, white interior, no EAP, but I've tried out autopilot on my son's and decided to get it after all. I called Mt. Kisco yesterday and they said that they'd move the car into service to be prepped either today or Saturday and would add autopilot before delivery.
@stupilazydog, did you take the delivery, how was the experience

@stupilazydog, did you take the delivery, how was the experience

Delivery yesterday went smoothly. My son picked one up at the same time. Paper work for me took a bit longer, since I decided to add autopilot at the last minute. My car looks good overall except for a paint issue on the hood that I noticed after getting home. You have too look at just the right angle, in the right light, to see it. I think it's in the clear coat. I have an appointment to take it in tomorrow for ppf on the front and ceramic coating. I don't know if they can do anything, or if I'll have to take it back in to Tesla. Hard to photograph, but my son has a good camera with a polarizing filter. It's a tiny white spot, with a ring around it in the clear coat (color in the photo is really off, car is blue)

DSCF2552.jpg

Car is amazing, though. Love it.

Reactions: neroden