Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connecticut (Mt. Kisco) AWD delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks! I actually refreshed my page on Saturday morning and they had give me a Sunday pickup slot, so got it early. No issues worth raising hell about. A couple dust spots but really would never have cared if there wasn’t as much scrutiny on it. Charge port door isnt perfectly flush but all the other 3s in the lot were similar. First day driving it a ways and loving autopilot! Great car!

Got a text tonight scheduling an appointment for Saturday, but no VIN. I think I need the VIN to add my CU to the insurance, to get the check, to pay for the car; so this is a bit of a chicken and egg problem. I called the delivery rep. who was really pleasant and honest. He told me they’re basically trying to schedule as many people as possible to pick-up a car this weekend as they can, and then matching them to the cars available. I should hear tomorrow if they can match me to a car, hopefully with enough notice to tie the loose ends. If it all falls through, he thinks middle of October I’ll have a car in a much more orderly fashion.

I wished them luck.

My white AWD is sitting in Mt Kisco waiting for a battery. I am an electronic black hole

My aviation electronics have been the proof on top of 5 original blackberries, 3 iPhone 6s in two years, multiple replacement dvd and TVs. So I’m not surprised just bummed out.

Another delay anecdote to add to the pile,

I was scheduled for a 9am delivery tomorrow 9/25 at Mt Kisco. I proactively reached out to both the local SC and my Delivery Advisor for confirmation this morning and was told I have not been matched to a VIN so we should reschedule. New date is Saturday afternoon (9/29), but I’m realizing now that any delivery dates they give out without a VIN assigned (and it seems like they have done this a lot) are a wish, not a promise. I’m fully expecting they will miss the new date too.

Seems like they have no idea what cars will arrive when. In this age of Amazon Prime and real-time UPS tracking, I find this disappointing. They have also totally bungled the job of communicating this crazy process to customers. People have lives to live that need to be reshuffled to make room for delivery appointments. Pushing delivery appointments on people when they don’t have a specific car earmarked for them is just a waste of everyone’s time.

4/3/2016: reservation deposit paid
6/27/2018; ordered Blue/Black/AWD/19”/FSD
9/6/2018: “Your Model 3 will be available between Friday, September 21 through Friday, September 28”
9/12/2018: Delivery scheduled for 9/25 @ Mt Kisco
9/20/2018: All “Prepare for Delivery” details confirmed. “We are drafting up your contract”. 9/25 delivery “on track”
9/24/2018: No VIN assigned, no MVPA drafted, reschedule for Sat 9/29, we all agree to cross fingers that a VIN match happens by then

Update: Received call from Tesla today cancelling my rescheduled delivery appointment at Mt. Kisco tomorrow. No VIN matched. She said they would be in touch in "a few weeks" with a new date. She said they had "learned a lot this month" about shipping and delivering cars and would hopefully have a more concrete date the next time they call.

Delivery yesterday went smoothly. My son picked one up at the same time. Paper work for me took a bit longer, since I decided to add autopilot at the last minute. My car looks good overall except for a paint issue on the hood that I noticed after getting home. You have too look at just the right angle, in the right light, to see it. I think it's in the clear coat. I have an appointment to take it in tomorrow for ppf on the front and ceramic coating. I don't know if they can do anything, or if I'll have to take it back in to Tesla. Hard to photograph, but my son has a good camera with a polarizing filter. It's a tiny white spot, with a ring around it in the clear coat (color in the photo is really off, car is blue)

View attachment 338004

Car is amazing, though. Love it.

Who are you using for PPF?

Not encouraging... I received one of those mass texts on 9/25 asking if I could take delivery 9/26-9/30. Wasn't expecting anything for another several weeks because of Res Date (Early 2017), I thought it was a mistake. Responded anyway that I wasn't sure I could "secure funding" in time. Did nothing the next day then get a canned response stating it was still possible. I called to see if this was a mistake and my status switched to pending a VIN match, edit button disappeared. Raced to get loan approval lined up. Advisor has been very nice and responsive, but the local rep never called and no VIN matched (looking at this thread I now now why). Hope I get before loan approval expires in 30 days.

Great, now I am concerned about CHEAPR funding too!

Configured 6/27/18
AWD / 19" / MSM / FSD

I'm kind of repeating myself from another thread but...Mt. Kisco called me at 1:24pm to cancel my 3:30pm pickup. Keep in mind I'm 6 hours from Mt. Kisco. I never had a VIN and no I wasn't on the way there. If you don't have a VIN you are toast. But in all the confusion who knows, some of you may get matched up at the last minute. Glad I didn't pay in advance. Oh wait, I couldn't without a VIN. Whew! ;)

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
got the text the other night, and a couple more follow-ups to the responses. Was not expecting it to go anywhere - but ended up with a delivery scheduled at Mt. Kisco for tomorrow and a VIN was added this morning. Guess I will see what happens tomorrow... Definitely not driving there until someone can confirm the vehicle is actually there...

Reactions: forkliter