Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connecting to wifi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else had any issues connecting their MS to BT wifi at home? I've tried at both our houses (both running the latest BT Home Hub) and the car simply won't connect! I can see the networks, but when I enter the wifi password it tries then fails to connect.

Any magic tricks?

Thanks,
Dom.

From memory I had problems with my (non BT) WiFi too. I put the password in ... nothing ... tried a few times, gave up ... then the next morning found that it had sorted itself out. Probably no help in your situation, as sounds like you've tried two locations presumably? over a somewhat prolonged period.

I presume you can park close enough to the WiFi to get a decent signal? I suppose if your phone gets WiFi signal where you park that would do as a test (I read that the Car has much stronger "latch" onto WiFi than phones, but that's a second-hand length-of-string anecdotal comment!!)

Has anyone else had any issues connecting their MS to BT wifi at home? I've tried at both our houses (both running the latest BT Home Hub) and the car simply won't connect! I can see the networks, but when I enter the wifi password it tries then fails to connect.

Any magic tricks?
I never had any issues connecting with WiFi at home until about 2-3 weeks ago. Around the time I got the .100 update.