Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connecting Wall Charger to Wifi

d.marks48

Apr 6, 2021
Poinciana, FL
Having issues connecting my Tesla Wall Charger V3 to wifi. After successfully scanning the QR code on the front page of the Quick Connect Guide and entering the password, when I attempt to scan or manually enter the server address on the last page of the setup guide (192.xxx.x.x), I receive a message that the server is not responding. Tried shutting cellular data on my iPhone, but still get the same message resulting in not being able to configure the Wall Connector to the 60 amp circuit breaker and consequently not being hooked up to my Wifi network. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get the unit hooked up to Wifi?

jcanoe

Oct 2, 2020
Maryland
You first need to connect to the Wall Connector using the Wall Connector's built-in WiFi hot spot and your phone, tablet or laptop to configure the Wall Connector. As part of the setup of the Wall Connector you will want to add your local WiFi for internet access. The reason you need access to your local WiFi with internet access is for Tesla over the air updates. In the future the Wall Connector will be able to use the WiFi internet connection for things such as load balancing when using multiple Wall Connectors on a single circuit and for billing.

I would try first provisioning the Wall Connector, setting the circuit amperage and if desired changing the password. Save the changes. Once you have the correct circuit amperage saved you can later update the Wall Connector configuration with the local WiFi information.

Tesla Gen3 Wall Connector Installation video (fast forward to 10:44 for connecting to the Wall Connector from your phone.):

Last edited:
Reactions: el-guapin
Upvote 0

d.marks48

Apr 6, 2021
Poinciana, FL
You first need to connect to the Wall Connector using the Wall Connector's built-in WiFi hot spot and your phone, tablet or laptop to configure the Wall Connector. As part of the setup of the Wall Connector you will want to add your local WiFi for internet access. The reason you need access to your local WiFi with internet access is for Tesla over the air updates. In the future the Wall Connector will be able to use the WiFi internet connection for things such as load balancing when using multiple Wall Connectors on a single circuit and for billing.

I would try first provisioning the Wall Connector, setting the circuit amperage and the password. Save the changes. Once you have the configuration saved you can update the Wall Connector configuration with the local WiFi information. (You may have to turn off the power to reset the Wall Connector's WiFi modem.)

Tesla Gen3 Wall Connector Installation video (fast forward to 10:44 for connecting to the Wall Connector from your phone.):
Got it, finally! Moved my iPhone right next to the Wall Connector and it immediately went through the full configuration steps. Apparently the signal broadcast by the Connector is not very strong and the phone needs to almost touch it in order to do the complete setup.

• Informative
Reactions: jcanoe
Upvote 0

el-guapin

Dec 26, 2020
LSU - Geaux Tigers!

I would try first provisioning the Wall Connector, setting the circuit amperage and the password. Save the changes. Once you have the configuration saved you can update the Wall Connector configuration with the local WiFi information.

Good Info. THNX 4 sharing!

Upvote 0

Sophias_dad

Supporting Member
Jul 29, 2018
Massachusetts
Apparently the signal broadcast by the Connector is not very strong and the phone needs to almost touch it in order to do the complete setup.
Wonder if the wifi antenna wasn't plugged in in some Gen3's.. its described in the first post of my teardown.

Upvote 0

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC