Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connection Failed, an unknown error occurred

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys.. please help.
I am using iPhone with last Tesla app 4.3.1
Did anyone having the same issue?

I try soft reset(bottom, pedal) and hard reset(batter off, did by ppl from service center).. delete the app, none of them works. The guy from Tesla service said maybe the problem is the app lol.

Any more suggestions? The good thing is my wife had good access, the only difference just she is not using the latest version of the app.

Thanks!

PS: Service, Roadside and some function in account is getting such error.

Attachments

• D8747A51-AC45-42D6-A2F2-7A27F65217CC.png
    D8747A51-AC45-42D6-A2F2-7A27F65217CC.png
    57 KB · Views: 548
Hey guys.. please help.

I try soft reset(bottom, pedal) and hard reset(batter off, did by ppl from service center).. delete the app, none of them works. The guy from Tesla service said maybe the problem is the app lol.

Any more suggestions? The good thing is my wife had good access, the only difference just she is not using the latest version of the app.

Thanks!

I had an issue on my android phone from day 1 where I got there error if my phone was on wifi (any wifi, tried with a lot). Also had this issue not on wifi when I went to pick up my car from dealer. I had to go on the website and change password, then relog in on phone.

I have also had the WiFi problem since v4.x: If logged out, the app will time out when trying to log in if WiFi is connected. As soon as I turn off the WiFi on the phone, it will log in. Also, it takes MUCH longer to wake up the car and display the current status when WiFi is on...

I have also had the WiFi problem since v4.x: If logged out, the app will time out when trying to log in if WiFi is connected. As soon as I turn off the WiFi on the phone, it will log in. Also, it takes MUCH longer to wake up the car and display the current status when WiFi is on...
Good to know it wasn't just me. I had a tire blow out at 500 miles (500 dollar fix before my first payment, yeesh) and I added that to the ticket. They looked at it and said there are no report of this issue, it's your phone, bye.

I use password reset, not helping :(
When I login, I also got this
try different browser couldn’t work

Attachments

• B868E4FA-9627-4640-B0CC-05FCD010663C.png
    B868E4FA-9627-4640-B0CC-05FCD010663C.png
    85.5 KB · Views: 200
Hey, same issue on my side.
When I try to enter "Service" in the App, I get the failure "Connection failed, ...".
The guy from the Service Center yesterday didn't have an idea to solve it. Only to reinstall the App, but it didn't work. He regret, that even they don't have possibilities to analyse App issues, its a black box for them. And he is well experienced, I know him since 7 years with Tesla.
The only modification was, that I got the service appointment, which I arranged at the Service center face to face, displayed on the App.

I manage two vehicles with the App. A MS and a M3. With the MS the failure occurs. The M3 is working properly. On the mobile Phone of my son, who is driving the M3, the behavior is similar. M3 ok, MS nok.
The MS is a leased company car, the M3 our private one. On my Tesla account, I just can manage the M3 but not the MS. This was changed appr. 1,5 years ago. Previously I could manage both cars.

Devices -> iPhone XR, iPhone 13, iPad Pro

If anyone has an idea, would be great.

Hey, same issue on my side.
When I try to enter "Service" in the App, I get the failure "Connection failed, ...".
The guy from the Service Center yesterday didn't have an idea to solve it. Only to reinstall the App, but it didn't work. He regret, that even they don't have possibilities to analyse App issues, its a black box for them. And he is well experienced, I know him since 7 years with Tesla.
The only modification was, that I got the service appointment, which I arranged at the Service center face to face, displayed on the App.

I manage two vehicles with the App. A MS and a M3. With the MS the failure occurs. The M3 is working properly. On the mobile Phone of my son, who is driving the M3, the behavior is similar. M3 ok, MS nok.
The MS is a leased company car, the M3 our private one. On my Tesla account, I just can manage the M3 but not the MS. This was changed appr. 1,5 years ago. Previously I could manage both cars.

Devices -> iPhone XR, iPhone 13, iPad Pro

If anyone has an idea, would be great.
I have exactly the same problem. I have two teslas on the same account, both are company cars but have different leasing contracts. At one tesla everything is working well, the service menue for the other fails. I realised that there are some more teslas in our company with the same failure. All respective teslas are leased from the same leasing company, namely ALD Automotive. I informed Tesla and ALD about this correlation. But both attest, that everything is OK from their side and they are not aware of this failure. I dont want to wait for months until this issue may disappear by chance. Currently I can even not book a service date. It is confusing.

I also have the exact same problem. I only have a Model 3 in my account, and it is not leased, so not sure about the theory with leased cars having any impact on this error.

I'm located in Denmark in Europe, so seems to be a more widespread issue.

I've tried different phones, reinstalling the app, resetting the car, disconnecting the phone key... nothing solves the issue.

I've written to Tesla customer support twice, but no answer....

On Wednesday I had the scheduled service appointment for an annual service with the MS. And yesterday evening I noticed, that the problem is no longer there. The service function in the app now opens normally again.

There was nothing to fix at the service.
Here's what was done:
Inspect hood latch
perform general inspection
remove and replace filter
That's all.

That the app problem seems to be solved, is good for me. But I have no comprehensible explanation why the bug is fixed.

Thanks for the support here and I hope the problem disappears also on your side as unexpectedly as it came.

At the beginning of this week I sent an email to a service guy of the SC and asked for a service appointment to install the tow package (6 month ordering time!) for my Model Y. I expected that they would send me a date by sms or email, but they did not. But on wednesday I fortunately realised that the service menue was working again! I dont know why this happened now. But it must have to do with the prior request for a service appointment and thus any action in the service process by the SC. Two more affected M3 in our company still have the problem. So it keeps exciting.

I had this same error and spent many days going back and forthemove with support. They had no clue, I then remembered I have 2 emails on same account and had just ordered a charging adapter from desktop which was logged into different email from app. Solution is to remove account for one of the emails which will remove your history though. Tesla could not merge the accounts though they tried?

Hey guys.. please help.

Thanks!

I had the same problem with none of the suggested solutions working, and tried on my wife's phone and account with the same problem. I eventually tried a shorter description of the problem, and that worked. It seems to be a character limit issue.

I had this same issue. For me it was the service request was created in their end and didn’t include an address. I updated the appointment with my address then closed the app and went back in and could then schedule the mobile service.