Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connection Failed when trying to schedule service appointment in the app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the last several days I’ve been trying to schedule a service appointment in the Tesla app, and whenever I do I get the Connection Failed error shown in the screenshot below. I didn't have any problems creating the appointment initially by requesting service, but now it wants me to schedule it and I'm unable to do that. I'm on iOS. I've forced quit and restarted the app, and I've updated to the latest version after this started happening, but the problem remains. It happens on both my iPhone and iPad and my wife's iPhone. The service appointment is at West Palm Beach FL. Note that I get a similar error (not exactly the same) if I try to update the service request and add information.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I see other threads where people have seen this before, but I don't know if it's a Tesla server-side issue or something specific to my service center.

IMG_3023.png

For the last several days I’ve been trying to schedule a service appointment in the Tesla app, and whenever I do I get the Connection Failed error shown in the screenshot below. I didn't have any problems creating the appointment initially by requesting service, but now it wants me to schedule it and I'm unable to do that. I'm on iOS. I've forced quit and restarted the app, and I've updated to the latest version after this started happening, but the problem remains. It happens on both my iPhone and iPad and my wife's iPhone. The service appointment is at West Palm Beach FL. Note that I get a similar error (not exactly the same) if I try to update the service request and add information.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I see other threads where people have seen this before, but I don't know if it's a Tesla server-side issue or something specific to my service center.

View attachment 869841
Did you resolve this? Same problem here

Did you resolve this? Same problem here
I didn’t do anything to resolve it, but the problem went away. It happened another time when I was actually at the Tesla service center, but that time it was because my phone was trying to use the service center’s WiFi, but there was no internet connection because my VPN client hadn’t connected. In that case turning off WiFi fixed the issue, but the problem I reported initially happened at home, so no VPN involved.

That's could be the problem right there. For some ridiculous unknown reason, the Tesla app will not connect when using a VPN. At least, not when using my VPN. YMMV with another VPN provider, but try turning off your VPN and then using the app.
I use NordVPN on my iOS devices, and the Tesla app at times has worked with the VPN, but hasn't worked other times. Last time I used the VPN when traveling the Tesla app worked. The most recent issue wasn't about the app not working with NordVPN, it was that NordVPN hadn't connected to a VPN server yet so I had no internet access via WiFi.

FWIW, I have other apps that don't work with NordVPN.

I disabled my VPN so it would not engage upon iPhone 14pro startup. I deleted safari iPhone history and web data. Again restarted iPhone. Still same “unknown connection error” when trying to schedule the service request that was Approved. 2022 M3 LR. 2023.26.7

Update. I just rebooted the car, using the simultaneous pressing of the 2 scroll wheels reset. After this reboot process finished, i was able to schedule service in the iphone app as usual. Again, the VPN app was disconnected.