Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connection interrupted. Summon will resume when connection is restored

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I try to use summon in my garage at home, using the app, it will start, then abort (without moving the car) saying:

> Connection interrupted. Summon will resume when connection is restored
upload_2020-12-27_20-28-31.png

When I use summon anywhere else (outside my garage), it works fine.

I get that the one obvious difference is that in my garage, my car is connected to WiFi. It is a strong signal, and the car does not move during the summon so it is NOT moving out of WiFi range.

I have tried turning off WiFi on my phone (use cell data only) and tried turning off cell data (use WiFi only), but I get the same result.

Any ideas?

Not sure if this helps, but here is my daily experience:

My garage is separated from my condo. I cannot get WiFi all the way to my garage, at least not enough to connect my car to hit, but enough that my phone stays connected as long as I haven't got into my car. So, I've gotten into the habit of disconnecting my my home WiFi as I am walking out to the garage. That is this only way I am able to successfully connect to my car to use Summon.

I use an iPhone which allows you to disconnect from a network without turning off WiFi completely.

• Informative
Reactions: Seth2020