Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connection issues again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My first thought was a VPN issue, but I'm pretty sure slacker and tunein would both bypass the VPN, so one working and the other not is odd.

Are you sure slacker is still working, and not just playing from cache? (it will continue playing through the cache, until the cache is used up, or you get to the end of the song, if it loses a connection) To be sure, try to skip to the next track, or load another station, if that doesn't work then likely it's the whole internet that's down.

Slacker favorite station tiles are not downloading.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    636.1 KB · Views: 42
I have no idea if this will be helpful, but worth a shot:

Both my husband's car and mine were having connectivity problems ongoing for weeks. I kept checking the forums thinking that a lot of other people must be experiencing the same thing, (Remote S would return an error something to the effect of Tesla servers being down) but no one was reporting it. Our problems were very similar to what is described in this thread - map tiles not loading, no streaming music, no search, no app connectivity, no web pages loading, even though the cars claimed to have two bars of LTE.

Through a lot of trial and error we figured out it has something to do with our wifi network at home. If we leave the car connected to wifi overnight, invariably there will be no actual working connection in the morning, in spite of what it says. The problem will persist until we reboot away from wifi. Our workaround has been to have the car forget the home wifi network and reboot. Sometimes the act of rebooting will cause the car to remember the wifi network again, complete with password (!). A few tries were needed to get it working, and once we did we've left wifi off entirely. Since doing this, both cars always have connectivity and the app works consistently again like it always used to. Because of schedules we haven't had the time to dig in and figure out what the exact problem is. For troubleshooting reasons it's unfortunate that we got a new router/wifi access point at about the same time 8.0 came out. It might be our equipment, or something about the way 8.0 works with it. If we find out anything interesting, I'll post back.

If you try this and it works, can you please post what type of router, etc. you're using? We're using a XyXEL Zywall 110 with a UniFi access point.