Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connectivity issue 2013 model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This post pertains to a Model S 2013 - is anyone having problems with intermittent connectivity issues for premium services? Some days everything works fine, other days all I can play is AM-FM radio. I can always Bluetooth but that’s not the point, I can’t play anything on demand when connectivity isn’t there.

This post pertains to a Model S 2013 - is anyone having problems with intermittent connectivity issues for premium services? Some days everything works fine, other days all I can play is AM-FM radio. I can always Bluetooth but that’s not the point, I can’t play anything on demand when connectivity isn’t there.

Welcome to TMC!

I think you're going to need to give more details asked in the post above mine. In addition to being more specific about "premium services", could you say if for example you get up-to-date traffic information on the Nav display? What's covered with "everything works fine"? When did you first notice these intermittent problems?

Does your car have the Tech Package? (Odds are high that it did, but just checking.)

If you're still on 3G (you haven't done the LTE upgrade) this makes me wonder if the 3G network is being gradually turned down in your area and that might be causing issues for you. If you are able to tether your car to a smartphone, does "everything" work then?

All these questions are to try to help you figure out if the problem has to do with cellular connectivity or a problem on your car itself.

Bruce.