Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connectivity: When is iPhone/Android app coming out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked about this at the Toronto store yesterday, and the rep told me that it is already out, but "by invitation only" for now.

There are 2 options that I know about to distribute 'by invitation only' whereby the app is not available in the App Store.

1. The app is still in a beta phase and tesla can send it out to up to 100 devices per year.

2. Tesla has signed up for an enterprise developer license. This allows you to setup a private App Store to distribute your apps to your business internally. Though the description of the license mentions employees as opposed to clients.

Me thinks its still in beta phases and want to run more field testing to make sure all is good.

I asked a knowledgeable Tesla tech marketing guy at my pick-up in Vancouver, BC yesterday, and he said final beta. So, as others have said-- close!

I had to park our new car at the base of our long steep driveway last night, due to ice and delayed winter tires, so I could REALLY use that app right now. :wink: