Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connectivity: When is iPhone/Android app coming out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Takes about a week for Apple to review and approve an app assuming that they don't have any comments.

The App approval may only take a short time, but MFi approval can be an exquisite experience. If the iPhone app is going to use Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (and not 4.0/LE) to be compatible with iDevices before the iPhone 4S, one must jump through the MFi hoops. It can be a real, agony producing, pain in the a$$. I know of one project that was put into the "exception" program where the project was not approved and not denied -- and there it stays for the last year. Cute, no?

The App approval may only take a short time, but MFi approval can be an exquisite experience. If the iPhone app is going to use Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (and not 4.0/LE) to be compatible with iDevices before the iPhone 4S, one must jump through the MFi hoops. It can be a real, agony producing, pain in the a$$. I know of one project that was put into the "exception" program where the project was not approved and not denied -- and there it stays for the last year. Cute, no?

Apple's corporate policy and philosophy is a lot of things, but it is certainly not "cute". :)

I am constantly filled with Tesla anxiety. First it was when will my car be delivered. Then it was when will the software be updated. And now I am fixated on this remote app. Every morning in the (now) freezing Chicago winter I hope that the app will magically present itself in Apple's store.... maybe tomorrow will be the day? It just seems like a remote app would solve many of my issues with monitoring charge level and warming the car before my commute. I am sure after it is released I will just focus on some other Tesla deliverable - more firmware updates, third party apps, etc. But for now, I REALLY want that remote app to be available. We are all basically beta testers already... Please release it!

I am constantly filled with Tesla anxiety. First it was when will my car be delivered. Then it was when will the software be updated. And now I am fixated on this remote app. Every morning in the (now) freezing Chicago winter I hope that the app will magically present itself in Apple's store.... maybe tomorrow will be the day? It just seems like a remote app would solve many of my issues with monitoring charge level and warming the car before my commute. I am sure after it is released I will just focus on some other Tesla deliverable - more firmware updates, third party apps, etc. But for now, I REALLY want that remote app to be available. We are all basically beta testers already... Please release it!
I'm pretty sure there is Tesla staff member who has been assigned the responsibility for the timing of getting stuff to us. Been going on for a couple of years. A careful choreography to incite uncontrollable lust on us poor unsuspecting Teslaites. To well timed to be an accident. That staff member is now sequencing the App, next the WiFi capability, followed by on board music storage with a shuffle feature, then guide lines on the backup camera. Gonna be a long year!

App for setting charging times

I have an electrician coming in 2 weeks to install my 14-50 240 plug in my garage. I have heard that the maybe there is or will be an app for the S that will allow you to set the on and off charging times. Anybody have the latest info on this. My configuration is supposed to be an April/May delivery.

Thanks,
Merrill

I have an electrician coming in 2 weeks to install my 14-50 240 plug in my garage. I have heard that the maybe there is or will be an app for the S that will allow you to set the on and off charging times. Anybody have the latest info on this. My configuration is supposed to be an April/May delivery.

Thanks,
Merrill

It's supposedly been released to Apple but don't think anyone knows of a release date. Should be out by the time you get your car.

Last edited: