TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Connectors behind the cubby

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Doanster1, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Doanster1

Doanster1 Member

I pulled my CF Yacht Floor today since I was installing the Evannex CCI and saw these two connectors. One looks like it’s for an antenna of some sort (LTE?), but not sure what the other block is for. Any ideas?

CF182703-F31D-4C60-93E0-9121CCFE8FC6.jpeg 47C96594-AE7F-4490-8F78-FF6AE32F6131.jpeg

2. Ande

Ande Member

Diagnostic port, (many CAN busses) end ethernet.
    Certainly, none of them even resemble a high frequency antenna connector.

• Like x 1
  3. Doanster1

Doanster1 Member

These aren’t easily accessible, though. Doesn’t look like they’d be used for diag vs connecting up another “unit” of some sort.

4. kdday

kdday Member

The small round one is the diagnostic Ethernet port that is super locked down and only a tesla service person with the right access token can unlock it and make it work.

• Like x 1
  5. Doanster1

Doanster1 Member

Well alrighty then. Diag port it is. I guess popping the cubby off is literally a 5sec job.
    Thanks @Ande, @kdday