Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Consensus on brand and percent window tint for matching rear windows

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know there are a lot of different brands and percentages one can have for the Tesla Model Y windows but I want to match the rear windows as much as possible so there is a uniform look to the glass. I looked into 3M crystalline but the color was a bit more brown than the factory.
Of note, I have a white interior and I plan on getting all the glass except the glass roof tinted with 70% in the rear windows, 20% on the front two windows, and 70% on the windshield. Would this provide a close match?
Has anyone got a nearly perfect match? If so, what brand and percent did you go with?

I know there are a lot of different brands and percentages one can have for the Tesla Model Y windows but I want to match the rear windows as much as possible so there is a uniform look to the glass. I looked into 3M crystalline but the color was a bit more brown than the factory.
Of note, I have a white interior and I plan on getting all the glass except the glass roof tinted with 70% in the rear windows, 20% on the front two windows, and 70% on the windshield. Would this provide a close match?
Has anyone got a nearly perfect match? If so, what brand and percent did you go with?
How did this plan work out? I'm tinting mine in a week.

How did this plan work out? I'm tinting mine in a week.

I went with Xpel Prime XR Plus. 20% front, 70% rears. No windshield or roof. Pretty decent match.

Attachments

• IMG_0523.jpg
    IMG_0523.jpg
    771.6 KB · Views: 488
Reactions: Funkyjuju
That’s what I did, but know it still looks LIGHTER because of all the sun/light that comes in from the windshield and roof. So it’s not an exact look.
So you did 70 on the rear and roof and 20 on the front and you're saying that the rear still looks lighter than the front? The rear with a 70 should be about 17% (roughly 24% stock *.70). Very rough estimate, but in theory, it should be darker.

Last edited:
I had my front side windows done without touching the rear windows and the shop I went to recommended 20% tint with Xpel to match best based on their experience. I did not tint the roof or front windshield so the front seats get more ambient light coming in which makes the front side windows appear lighter in color when its bright outside.

It is quite close in person under most conditions. I don't have good photos of it, but have a few snapshots of it for reference the day I brought it home.

IMG_7799.jpg

I had my front side windows done without touching the rear windows and the shop I went to recommended 20% tint with Xpel to match best based on their experience. I did not tint the roof or front windshield so the front seats get more ambient light coming in which makes the front side windows appear lighter in color when its bright outside.

It is quite close in person under most conditions. I don't have good photos of it, but have a few snapshots of it for reference the day I brought it home.

View attachment 700213
Nice this is what I was looking for. I don't need ceramic tint on all windows living in the PNW so glad to see somebody save some money by tinting just the front 2 windows. This is what I've done with my last 3 SUVs.

Last edited: