Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Considering 2017 Model X Ludicrous

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Plaid+ coming that I ordered the minute they went live. I also ordered a CyberTruck, but I'm way down the list on it. Might not get it for a couple years.

I'm looking at a 2017 Model X Ludicrous to drive until the CyberTruck is ready. Something like this one:

2017 Model X | Tesla

Any reason to avoid these? It would be under warranty most of the time I plan to own it.

Thanks!

That's exactly what I just did. Traded my '16 X for a used '17 X with Ludicrous with the intention of staying under warranty until the Cybertruck is released. I think so long as you go with an August or later build date in 2017 you should be fine since it'll have the AP3 hardware.

That's exactly what I just did. Traded my '16 X for a used '17 X with Ludicrous with the intention of staying under warranty until the Cybertruck is released. I think so long as you go with an August or later build date in 2017 you should be fine since it'll have the AP3 hardware.
I'm picking one up Friday. Not sure on the build date, but the original warranty is good until January 2022. That's one of the later ones I saw listed. Hopefully it has the latest hardware then.