Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Considering a Model S in Seattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Dylan: 2 cents from another condo dwellers. I guess you live in multi story condo and multi story parking right? If so the garages should have lightings thus they have power to each level of the garage. Technically it should be possible to spare a little bit power to EV charging.
That said have you asked the management company or HOA already? Even if they don't have outlets now, they sometimes accept EV charging and necessary wirings in the garame at EV owner's expense. I'm not sure how much it costs to you but it will definitely give you peace of mind.

Get an electrician to give you an estimate after looking over the power panels. Then run in by the condo board. Try for a 208V line off the condo's triple phase supply..

But even 120V and an extension cord would give you overnight enough for the commute. If you find some outlets, test them with a reduced 5A load and see how much current you can draw before the voltage drops near 105V.

OK all you P+ owners. Our P+ is due to be delivered 6 May, my contact at the Seattle SC / delivery center told me that I could NOT use 19" wheels with all wether tires on the P+. He was quite emphatic about it. So, what is up with that?? I really would like the 19's.

OK all you P+ owners. Our P+ is due to be delivered 6 May, my contact at the Seattle SC / delivery center told me that I could NOT use 19" wheels with all wether tires on the P+. He was quite emphatic about it. So, what is up with that?? I really would like the 19's.

I think they are not allowed to deliver it with the 19" all season tires but will put the rims on and tires if you bring them. I'd call service center and ask though. Will you be switching to winter tires or using all seasons all year around?

Last edited:
I think they are not allowed to deliver it with the 19" all season tires but will put the rims on and tires if you bring them. I'd call service center and ask though. Will you be swatting to winter tires or using all seasons all year around?
We have run all seasons year round up here, rain every month now and then. We have used Mich. Pilots and have loved them on the CTS.

The new PS/3s are supposed to be excellent and come in the correct size for 19" Tesla rims. One option maybe. You might have to get them mounted to the rims and then bring the rims with tires on them to service center.

The new PS/3s are supposed to be excellent and come in the correct size for 19" Tesla rims. One option maybe. You might have to get them mounted to the rims and then bring the rims with tires on them to service center.

As long as you are using tesla rims they will mount anyone's tire to their rim and then put them on the car and balance them. Just had my Haakas taken off my tesla rims and my primacys put back on.

As long as you are using tesla rims they will mount anyone's tire to their rim and then put them on the car and balance them. Just had my Haakas taken off my tesla rims and my primacys put back on.
You have to sign a waiver if you want to use non-OEM tires. At least that's what I recall being told when I switched to the Michelin PSS.

In fact, the service center nudged me in the direction of "something like" Discount Tire which is where I went.

You have to sign a waiver if you want to use non-OEM tires. At least that's what I recall being told when I switched to the Michelin PSS.

In fact, the service center nudged me in the direction of "something like" Discount Tire which is where I went.

ya you do have to sign the waiver but only one time not every time. And the waiver is only in case they damage your non oem tires when they are installing them onto the rims they don't want to have to take liability (ie:replace them for you) but I preferred having tesla do it for me at the bellevue SC maybe the seattle SC is a little different. They are really fast about doing it and having them do the balancing etc is nice because them they will remove all the old 3M tape off the rim off the rim plus my car feels better when tesla balances vs having anyone else balance.