Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Considering a purchase, Opinions requested

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok Drove the care for the 1st time yesterday and everything seem great. 3 things came up which caused me some concern.

1) Alignment is out a bit ( minor inconvenience but leads to my number 2)
2) passanger side fron wheel well liner is half missing. The portion from about the middle of the wheel well towards the front bumper is gone. I know the vehicle was in a minor accident in 2016 ( i have a copy of the police report detailing the accident and the damage was nowhere near this area though)
3) The owner did not have documentation showing the work that Tesla did to it. The Touchscreen has been reprogrammed to show th 90kwh battery so i know that was done ( or he hacked the car to showw it which i dont think he did) My question though is through the Tesla APP can he pull it up and show service history or does he have to go to Tesla service center to get that?

I am meeting back up with the seller at 5:30pm EST today for a second look and potentially buy it. If between now and then anyone can review my above concerns and offer any insight I would appreciate it.

Save yourself future disappointment and demand the seller give you all service records upfront, as Tesla likely won’t give them to you (especially if you’re not the owner). Current owner needs to further explain missing wheelwell cover, as it sounds like he thought he had a Jeep and took it off-road :p Or was there a second accident? As the owner of a Signature Performance who has tracked the value of these limited (to ~1k) edition early models that were generally treated exceptionally well by original owners who paid $100k for them, your $28k potential purchase is the cheapest Sig I’ve seen. But that makes me ask why? As a proud Sig owner, I’d suggest the FMV of a non-P Sig is $30-35k, and the P Sig is $35-40k. The $5k range on each depends on the condition (good vs showroom new, as mine was from its original owner when I bought it a year ago, as well as if it has extended warranty and prepaid annual service, plus PPF and both options...pano moonroof and rear facing seat). What made the Sig special was it came loaded with every option possible (save moonroof and RFS). Congrats in advance if it all works out; you’re going to love your Sig :) Which color combo?

beatle,Appreicate the information

2012MS85, When i asked him about it he said a few weeks ago he was driving and hit a bad pot hole which is what knocked the alignment out. he believes that is also what effected the wheel well liner. No other accident has been reported with the car. I know some people may choose not to report one for that exact reason and pay out of pocket for repairs so i suppose that is possible but given the price involved in repairing teslas from car acccident i dont see that as all too likely. As far as the reason he is selling it and selling it at this price, i strongley suspect i know the reason but do not want to post it online as it is somewhat private and i do not know if he would like that shared. I will just say that i believe it to be a valid reason. Also the price i stated was the negotiaged price not what it was listed at. It was listed in the range you specified.

The Color combo is the Signature red exterior with Black interior.

The Color combo is the Signature red exterior with Black interior...

37951CE2-313C-4AEE-A783-FDF61E81BCF4.jpeg

You have amazingly good taste :cool: