Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Considering buying inventory 75D - No enhanced autopilot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

Do I have to purchase Enhanced Autopilot separately? Is it possible to get huge discount on it since I am not very happy with my trade-in-value of my current car.

Model S 75D $101,750.00

Dual Motor All Wheel Drive -

Pearl White Multi-Coat Paint $2,100.00

Glass Roof -

19" Slipstream Wheels -

All Black Interior $4,700.00

Black Tesla Premium Seats -

Carbon Fiber Décor $350.00

Black Headliner -

Autopilot Hardware

Thank you! I will try to sell my car independently.

For what it’s worth, you might want to give Carmax a try to sell your existing car. I bought a new Model S from a private owner a few months ago so I didn’t have an option to trade in my existing car. I got a few quotes from several dealers as well as Carmax and carmax offered $6800 vs the $4000-$5500 I was seeing from the dealers. I think I could have done even better if I sold the car privately, but I decided it was better to just take the known offer and get the car sold rather than dealing with trying to set aside time for people to come and look at the car and worrying about people wanting to test drive it, etc.

Carmax will also give you a quote in about 30 minutes with no obligation, so you could always just stop by some evening and see if they’ll offer you more than tesla to see if it’s worth trying to sell it independently.

One thing to note is that you typically do best at carmax with cars that they can turn around and resell, which are typically reasonably new, reasonably low mileage cars that are in good shape. Carmax will buy any car, but they won’t offer you nearly as much if they’re just going to sell it at an auction.

You should be able to speak with a Tesla Owner Advisor employee who could add Enhanced Autopilot to the order. Since it's a software selection, it's pretty easy for them to enable/disable.

You could get a discount if it's been used as a test drive vehicle or has been sitting as a showroom car, but you would have to speak with a Tesla Owner Advisor (basically Tesla salesperson) to have them search their inventory.

I was able to sell my Nissan Leaf private party for quite a bit more money than CarMax or Tesla offered me. It takes patience, but it gets you the best money for your used car. Craigslist actually worked best for me.

Also, make sure to have the Tesla Owner Advisor add in a referral code to save you $1400 CAD ($1000 USD) off your order and get free supercharging on the vehicle too (new custom/inventory Model S/X). Good luck with your decision to buy a Tesla!

You should be able to speak with a Tesla Owner Advisor employee who could add Enhanced Autopilot to the order. Since it's a software selection, it's pretty easy for them to enable/disable.

You could get a discount if it's been used as a test drive vehicle or has been sitting as a showroom car, but you would have to speak with a Tesla Owner Advisor (basically Tesla salesperson) to have them search their inventory.

I was able to sell my Nissan Leaf private party for quite a bit more money than CarMax or Tesla offered me. It takes patience, but it gets you the best money for your used car. Craigslist actually worked best for me.

Also, make sure to have the Tesla Owner Advisor add in a referral code to save you $1400 CAD ($1000 USD) off your order and get free supercharging on the vehicle too (new custom/inventory Model S/X). Good luck with your decision to buy a Tesla!

I can confirm this, I was just looking at an inventory car with enhanced autopilot enabled and asked if it could be removed if desired and they said that removing it would be no problem.