Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Considering Purchase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I had it all over again I’d go for a 75D with EAP. Especially now they come with PUP (HEPA filter, fancier stereo, and heated rear seats, heated wiper area and heated washer jets ) as standard.

We tested a model s. My daughter rejected the model X. Sure, it was a bit more expensive. And a little more energy-hungry. She rejected it because she considered the legroom to be less than the model s. .

In the end we weighed up rear wheel drive model s with PUP and AWD model s without. And our procrastination meant we were able to order a model s 75D with EAP in red with AWD. It is the best car I have had.

Were I thinking again I’d still probably go for the model s. But a test drive of a model x showed me the unexpected practicality of the falcon wing doors. While I was unnerved by the comparative huge scale of the X my SO considered it ‘fine’.

On balance, I’d opt for a model X if my main use was family and local and then long distance. Luckily, my main use is business and then family trips. The model s 75D with EAP is superb. It has masses of load space and works very well. It also looks surprisingly ‘cool’ for a car.

On the German car note, I was a committed MB driver. I’m not going back. EV is way better. As we weigh up the affordability of a model X 75D with EAP and 7 seats or a Nissan Leaf Tekna you’ll get an idea of how far we’ve moved from German diesel and gas.