Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Considering Selling: 2013 Model S P85+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Drumheller

Jan 20, 2016
Arizona
I'm considering buying a Model Y and selling my Model S. I'm having a tough time estimating a fair price on this vehicle with this mileage. Vehicle is in the Phoenix, AZ area. I'd appreciate anyone willing to offer opinions / feedback. If someone is interested, feel free to send me a message. Thank you!

Black 2013 Model S P85+
128,700 miles
12% battery degradation. Max charge is now 234 miles. 90% is 210 miles. Regularly charged to 90%, but not every night.
Original 21" staggered wheels were switched to 19" aftermarket wheels (Tsportline that look like the original 21" wheels, kept the original Tesla center caps". Wheels are severely scuffed from low speed curb finding.
Tires: rears have about 80% treadlife remaining. Front about 50% remaining last I checked.

I'm the second owner, purchased CPO from Tesla when the car had 36,298 miles on it. The motor was replaced as part of the refurb process by Tesla.
The screen and MCU have been replaced. The MCU in the car now is an MCU1.
The cellular connection was upgraded to LTE.
The passenger door handles have been replaced over the years. The driver side front door handle will be replaced in two weeks.
There is a paint scuff on the right front edge of the bumper, front finding a garage edge.

Options added at the time:
High-fidelity sound system
Panoramic opening sunroof
Tech package
Performance package
If I recall, every option that was available in 2013 except for the rear jump seats
No cameras or autopilot hardware
Lifetime unlimited free supercharging on this vehicle.

Other repairs, under warranty and after warranty:
- New front end links in suspension (about 10,000 miles ago)
- New front brakes (about 10,000 miles ago)
- New front struts (about 10,000 miles ago) (the original did not fail. Tesla thought there might be an issue, swapped them, realized the issue was the front end links, and left the new struts on the car)
- New battery master fuse (about 10,000 miles ago)
- Original TPMS was replaced by Tesla under warranty for the newer system that displays tire pressure on-screen

I can provide more details if a question is asked about something I haven't thought to share. Car is driving and charging great. I'm considering the sale simply because I would like to play with the new technology.

Thanks for the feedback!