Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Considering selling early production P85DL (now P90DL)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lolachampcar

Nov 26, 2012
WPB Florida
Just under 80K miles. Red/Red Roof/Black Sport Seats. Early production with Sport (stiff) suspension and Gen1 AP hardware. Aftermarket rims/tires/camber links.

Service history-
One rear motor replacement for crickets early on
One battery replacement for bad contactor - upgraded from 85 to 90 as they did not have any 85L batteries

You can find me at Bill at my handle dot com.

Bill

Paul8810,

Nah, I'm likely fixed for life when it comes to a daily driver. There is just nothing like instant torque and no gas station visits.

I've been hounding Tesla to do a courtesy trade as a bud wants the car. They have, in their infinite wisdom, chosen to pass on a new car purchase as they "no longer do courtesy trades". For the life of me really can not understand the SiVal business mindset where customers are disposable.

Anyway, the car is going on 75k miles which is well past my normal range. If I find an easy way to move to a new one, I will. If not, I'm still pretty happy with my current car and actually would really miss the stiffer suspension if I were to upgrade.

Still a fan (of the product)

Bill

Reactions: Paul8810
One more thing....

Tesla is pretty much getting out of the CPO biz which really makes their "we do not do courtesy trades" position even stranger. My car had a left rear 1/4 so, if Tesla got it, they'd just wholesale it out the back of the lot anyway. Go figure.

One more thing....

Tesla is pretty much getting out of the CPO biz which really makes their "we do not do courtesy trades" position even stranger. My car had a left rear 1/4 so, if Tesla got it, they'd just wholesale it out the back of the lot anyway. Go figure.

Not "pretty much" but "has" since they discontinued their CPO program officially over a year ago. What you mean to say is they're "pretty much going out of the used car business" which I agree with 100%. They offer pennies on the dollar for trade-ins & if the person is dumb enough to take them up on the offer of basically nothing for their trade-in they'll bother themselves with making tens of thousands of dollars reselling it at market value.