TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Considering selling model x

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by Kaberle1, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Kaberle1

Kaberle1 New Member

I currently own a 75D model X. A bit cramped with my kids' bulky car seats, so I'm considering selling it. Anyone sell their tesla online through this forum? Any advice? Would like to avoid dealership if possible. Thanks!

2. Yinn

Yinn Member

There's been a number of sales. Just post up your details and some pictures.

3. hevakmai

hevakmai Member

Pictures (including the window sticker), asking price, and location. If you don't post these, people will ask you for them.

4. CmdrThor

CmdrThor Active Member

Did you not try out your car seats before purchasing? When the X was finally available for test drives we not only tested our current car seat but also a car seat for potential baby #2 who is now just 6 months away. I couldn't imagine buying a vehicle without first ensuring it met my needs.

• Disagree x 4
    • Informative x 1
  5. zkmusa

zkmusa Member

You may also want to try the Diono Radian RXT if you have more three kids in car seats. They're narrow and designed to fit three in a row.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  6. MasterT

MasterT Member

Woopty doo! Let's give you a medal, shall we?

The OP post is not about you or what you did before purchasing the car, it also not about "you should've" lecture. The OP already has the car and wants to sell it asking advice on this task

• Disagree x 4
    • Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  7. Yinn

Yinn Member

Not every SC/Dealer has a MX available for a test drive...there also might be different configurations. ie. test drove a 7 seater, bought a 5. Car seats might have been in use if they didn't want to take 2 kids to a test drive, a lot of situations. Cut them a break..

I'm assuming the issue might extend past the car seats, otherwise it might be cheaper to buy new car seats? Either way, I've seen at least 3 MX sold on the forums recently. There's not a whole lot in inventory or for sale right now, especially if it's an AP2. Good luck!

8. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

What a jerk! The guy said his car seats are too bulky and you respond with a post that accomplished nothing except to try to make the OP feel stupid. What a great contributor you are.

• Disagree x 1
  9. DougH

DougH Active Member

This ^ ^ ^ ^ petty bickering drama is exactly why I would never list anything for sale on this site.

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  10. Jay Hawk

Jay Hawk Member

Greetings Kaberle,
    Sorry it wasn't a fit for you. I've heard lots of people say that in actual owning, that plugging a car in and just some of the things that go with a high dollar car is more than they wanted and I totally understand it may not be a perfect fit.
    I have the hassle of carseats and can sympathize. I also know that the X has some quirks I think I'd like but maybe not. If you get closer to deciding if you want to sell, I have a small network who would include a Doctor in Colorado who is really wanting an X. So maybe drop me a message and price and I'd like to help you meet. I think the dream of an X is a ways off for me at this moment though.

Peace!
    Jay Hawk

11. jsollender

jsollender Member

I'm in Denver and have my X 90D listed for sale in this forum...pearl white with tan leather 6 seats. Put me in touch with your friends or at least look at my post. Good luck on this sale and sorry to hijack...and now back to the news...

12. Drone Flyer

Drone Flyer Member

Have you thought of trading it in for a Model S perhaps ?