Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Considering selling; pricing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll post some pics in the next day or two but I wanted some opinions on pricing, as I may be selling my beloved MS.

Ive looked at comps on the CPO website and I've been in the luxury/sports car market for a while now so I understand some people won't see the value in aftermarket modifications whereas some will. Anyhow, I'd appreciate your opinions here. I am thinking about $70k.

2013 P85+ (Dec 2013 build)
38500 miles
CPO warranty began Jan 16 @ 28000 miles
Solid White
Grey / Carbon Fiber interior
Pano roof
Tech package
Air suspension
21" Grey rims with brand new tires
Parking sensors
CF spoiler
Parcel Shelf

Aftermarket:
BlackVue front and rear cams
Custom sub enclosure made in right side of trunk covered in Tesla leather with grill 10" JL w3 with hertz amp and upgraded door speakers
All chrome covered in 3M black vinyl or CF look vinyl
Evanex CF center console
5% ceramic tint all around
Clear bra on front bumper/fenders/mirrors

Last edited:
I think you're about 10 - 15k too optimistic. At $70,000 you're dangerously close to 85D territory which gives similar performance, better seats, Autopilot, a newer car and all the upgrades that come with the newer car. So at that point you'd be relying on finding a buyer that really wants a P85+ because most people will shell out a few thousand more and grab the 85D.

To give you an idea of what you're up against, here's a newer P85 with AP for $60,000:

Model S P85 - Autopilot - 27k miles - $60k

And I've been shopping for P85's to have another around for when I rent out my P85D. They're solidly in the 55k range if you have even the slightest bit of patience. You definitely get points for the CPO warranty but I think you're much more likely to see 60k than you'd ever see 70k.

I agree with @Mike K. You are at least 15K too high. Sorry to say. That's the price of buying an early car. Honestly, I can't see more than 50K today for a '13. Your mods mean nothing in the secondary market. That's why I will hold my girl for quite some time. I simply cannot justify the haircut. More like a scalping, actually. But fortunately, I am still totally in love. So I really don't care.

Reactions: Akikiki