Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Considering trade in of MYLR w FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m exploring the possibility of changing out my MYLR for a M3 performance. Delivered Feb of this year and put 14k miles on it- car is immaculate w no damage other than extremely minor wear and tear. I haven’t found myself using the additional space and I’m not too keen on FSD at the moment after having used the beta since June.

Here’s the trade in offers I’ve gotten:
Vroom 51k
Carvana 53k
Carmax 59k
Tesla 61-68k
local dealerships: 54-61k

Should I hold out or is this as good as they’ll get?

Attachments

• CD7C35F6-E792-4031-89AA-4CA312A1A118.jpeg
    CD7C35F6-E792-4031-89AA-4CA312A1A118.jpeg
    142.1 KB · Views: 126
If you want to monetize on the FSD value, which is now a $15k option,
you should try to do direct sale, as FSD cannot be transfered to a new owner when using a third party.

You can try places like:

Last edited:
Reactions: El joe and 240vPlug
you should try to do direct sale, as FSD cannot be transfered to a new owner when using a third party.

You can try places like:

Agree with this. Private party is probably the best way to get full value for FSD, if you're good with the hassle of going that route.

If not OP, I'm surprised you're getting such a good offer from Tesla. They've usually been the lowest in my experience and I'd be tempted to go that route if trading in just to avoid the challenges of selling to a private party.

Interesting 🧐. Maybe Tesla is now providing an estimate only and waiting until delivery to present the actual trade offer?
It depends on how you do it. If you order a car you can submit a trade via the app and it will provide you an exact number. If you go to the Tesla website and submit a VIN you get about an $8k range of what might be offered once you submit a trade via the app.

Reactions: 240vPlug

You can try places like:

This isn’t true, as I recently bought a 21 Model S LR with FSD on it from a dealership used and it came with its FSD fully intact and have had no issues with keeping it.

Also, when trading in with Tesla, it says on their trade in page that their quotes “reflect the trade in with FSD included”. 🤷‍♂️

This isn’t true, as I recently bought a 21 Model S LR with FSD on it from a dealership used and it came with its FSD fully intact and have had no issues with keeping it.

Also, when trading in with Tesla, it says on their trade in page that their quotes “reflect the trade in with FSD included”. 🤷‍♂️
This is a good new, because there have been many threads reporting this issue previously.

Maybe Tesla allows now tranfering FSD. I hope you will not get affected after visiting a Tesla Service Center.

This is a good new, because there have been many threads reporting this issue previously.

Maybe Tesla allows now tranfering FSD. I hope you will not get affected after visiting a Tesla Service Center.

Tesla doesn’t “transfer FSD”. I doubt that will ever be a thing.

About two years ago there was a class action lawsuit about FSD not staying with the vehicle when coming from a dealer sale. It settled quietly and Tesla started allowing FSD to stay with used sales no matter what the medium of the sale is. This also includes EAP. As for when it went into effect, it’s been at least 18 months as that’s when I found out of this from a sales advisor.

As for going to the service center, I’ve been three times since owning the vehicle. Recalls. FSD still remains.

I’m exploring the possibility of changing out my MYLR for a M3 performance. Delivered Feb of this year and put 14k miles on it- car is immaculate w no damage other than extremely minor wear and tear. I haven’t found myself using the additional space and I’m not too keen on FSD at the moment after having used the beta since June.

Here’s the trade in offers I’ve gotten:
Vroom 51k
Carvana 53k
Carmax 59k
Tesla 61-68k
local dealerships: 54-61k

Should I hold out or is this as good as they’ll get?

As for selling a vehicle, check with these guys. They bought my Model Y for a good offer.they also sell used Teslas. Ask for Mark. He’s an awesome guy. Tell him Jae sent you. If he’s buying at the moment, the offer should be really good.

Reactions: jsh90