Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Console Design--Seriously?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Beta V

Author, Dad, Mentor, Technology Critic
Nov 8, 2017
Redmond, WA USA
I've owned Fords, Toyotas, Buicks, Pontiacs, Acuras, an Infinity, and a Lexus--over 30 cars in the last sixty years. Except for my Model A Ford, all of them had better-designed center consoles than my Model X. Okay, it is what it is. Surely someone has figured out how to keep whatever's stored in the front section from sliding into the back--under the rotating lid. When the rear lid closes it removes the barrier between the two compartments--really? Who thought that was a good idea? I've not had the car long but I've lost my car-wash coupon (credit-card) down there, coins, important papers and a bunch of other trash. It's frustrating to spend as much as I did (more than any car I ever bought by twice) to find the designers gave up on something as simple as a center console.

I'm thinking about buying a 3D printer and designing a barrier to attach between the two sections. I expect every Model X owner in the world would buy one. Again, I expect someone has already done this. If not, why not?