Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Console Lid Warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ngogas

Sep 19, 2018
Utah
This car is too smart. Scares me lol.

Attachments

• A0C99F1D-FFB8-4971-9048-32D225DFBA6D.jpeg
    A0C99F1D-FFB8-4971-9048-32D225DFBA6D.jpeg
    821.6 KB · Views: 133
Reactions: Runnergirl
Sorry to revive an old thread...but it’s better than reposting the topic!

Anyway, my wife thought the lid required a press to make it stay in the closed position and the message appeared. I couldn’t believe my eyes so I had to do it again just to make sure I wasn’t hallucinating. Of course it came up again.

My first thought was, awesome! This car can even help me keep my wife from being so rough when closing the lid! My second thought is why? Why does the car even have a sensor to monitor the console lid? The glovebox is an electronic release so that one makes sense, but the console is purely manual. Thoughts?

Could this be for the Tesla Network? You could tell when someone is in the console and maybe they aren’t supposed to be?

Definitely could be used for that purpose. I think some clever person figured out it's likely a warning based on the console light being turned on and off in a short period of time. I suspect that's true because you can get it to bring up that message without even slamming it closed, but by pseudo-closing it enough over and over so that the light goes out and comes on again. Still, pretty clever.