Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Console organizer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: BluestarE3
Someone buys a $50,000-$70,000 car and $25 is expensive?

Ok

The unfinished one you show is fine if you don’t mind hearing things rattle around in it all the time.

To make it less noisy you have to flick it or get one with grip mats to prevent items from sliding.

Not everyone that drives a Tesla is rich, I actually worked my ass off to pay for this. Hopefully this Tesla works another 15 years for me.

Not everyone that drives a Tesla is rich, I actually worked my ass off to pay for this. Hopefully this Tesla works another 15 years for me.

The point isnt that "everyone who drives a tesla is rich" because thats clearly not the case. Neither is how hard someone worked to save the money to buy the tesla.

The point is, that the difference between the "expensive" one and the "cheap" one is like $11-$12, or roughly the cost of a single lunch fast food meal. ANYONE who can buy a tesla, no matter how much they save for it, can afford the price of a single fast food meal, for something that is permanent that they would use. Its likely you spent more than the difference in price in those two items in the last 5 business days eating out (meaning, sometime in the last 5 business days you spent $11 eating out somewhere).

Thats what people are talking about when they say "someone who buys a 50k-70k car thinks $25 is expensive?". its all perspective. If you bought a tesla you can DEFINITELY afford the difference, but for some reason you decided that it wasnt worth $25 which is a completely different statement than " its too expensive".

Its kind of a hot button issue with me because it boggles my mind that someone think that 2.99 or 3.99 for an iOS or android app is "expensive" if it does what it promises to do, without spyware or something. Its not even the price of a cup of coffee or a soda, yet people say "its too expensive" because for some reason they think that all apps on phone should be free. @tj78 I know you didnt say anything about apps but its somewhat the same principle.

Reactions: voip-ninja
Lol you’re not the only one who works hard to pay for stuff.

That's great to hear.
The point isnt that "everyone who drives a tesla is rich" because thats clearly not the case. Neither is how hard someone worked to save the money to buy the tesla.

The point is, that the difference between the "expensive" one and the "cheap" one is like $11-$12, or roughly the cost of a single lunch fast food meal. ANYONE who can buy a tesla, no matter how much they save for it, can afford the price of a single fast food meal, for something that is permanent that they would use. Its likely you spent more than the difference in price in those two items in the last 5 business days eating out (meaning, sometime in the last 5 business days you spent $11 eating out somewhere).

Thats what people are talking about when they say "someone who buys a 50k-70k car thinks $25 is expensive?". its all perspective. If you bought a tesla you can DEFINITELY afford the difference, but for some reason you decided that it wasnt worth $25 which is a completely different statement than " its too expensive".

Its kind of a hot button issue with me because it boggles my mind that someone think that 2.99 or 3.99 for an iOS or android app is "expensive" if it does what it promises to do, without spyware or something. Its not even the price of a cup of coffee or a soda, yet people say "its too expensive" because for some reason they think that all apps on phone should be free. @tj78 I know you didnt say anything about apps but its somewhat the same principle.

I agree with you, my wording was't right. I didn't meant Expensive I meant Value. Personally, I don't understand why I would pay $11-$12 for something that has the same functions.

On the app issue, I totally believe in paying for an "expensive" app because they deliver the value, but in other hand spending $25 on a Chinese made plastic tray is something that doesn't deliver me any value.

That's great to hear.

I agree with you, my wording was't right. I didn't meant Expensive I meant Value. Personally, I don't understand why I would pay $11-$12 for something that has the same functions.

On the app issue, I totally believe in paying for an "expensive" app because they deliver the value, but in other hand spending $25 on a Chinese made plastic tray is something that doesn't deliver me any value.

The trays are being 3D printed by entrepreneurs in USA, not China.

At least mine was produced in US.

That's great to hear.

Thanks for replying. "value" is a completely separate discussion as it relates to anything, and you get no argument from me on what you perceive as value vs what I do, because they are both just opinions.

Anyway, back on topic, I ordered one of the trays linked in this thread. Hoping it helps me keep my sunglasses handy.

My wife bought me the nifty Evannex two-level (with a 3d level below) organizer, but ... as the website says:

NOTE: Due to recent changes in the dimensions of the center console, our DD-CCI will likely NOT fit any Model 3 trims assembled after June 2019.

Since my car was built in November of 2019, it went back to the manufacturer. Clearly there may be more than one organizer on the market that will not fit a car built after June. If some of us buy one that doesn't quite fit and don't tell the rest ... :(

I have the one from Amazon reported by jacobguo. It has the same fault as the one reported by PianoAl: they both rely on friction to stay in place, and really need a lip to keep them from being pushed down into the cavern beneath ... and a good place to grip & remove (to get stuff out from underneath, in the cavern beneath). The device sold by Evannex does those jobs ... but will not fit cars built after June 2019.