TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Console screen performance

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by CurrentRide, Feb 20, 2016.

1. CurrentRide

CurrentRide Member

There was speculation early on that the MX 17" screen might have an updated Tegra processor and superior performance to the MS touchscreen. Although there may not be an easy way to determine the MX cpu yet, can new owners chime in about perceived performance compared to the MS? Are screen redraws equally sluggish or is it faster?

2. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

There was another thread on this a month or so ago where someone did a test and said it was the same performance as the MS.

3. elguapo

elguapo Member

It would make total sense to upgrade it as the S Tegra is archaic now. BUT, I don't know if updating the processor (they could even do it on new Ss) would cause an issue with software updates and fragmentation. It shouldn't, Apple does it all the time, but at some point, the Tegra will be the most outdated part of the car and hold the rest of it back.

4. CurrentRide

CurrentRide Member

Thanks. I will keep looking for the thread.