Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Console Separator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Beta V

Author, Dad, Mentor, Technology Critic
Nov 8, 2017
Redmond, WA USA
I love my new Model X, but when I put something in the rear compartment and flip close the lid, there is nothing to prevent the (considerable) G-forces from pushing the contents of the forward console bin into the rear and blocking the lid (so it would not open).

Surely, someone has devised a neat way to add a partition that works with the current console design.

I love this little gadget. Leave one cup ring in place ( to keep stuff from sliding south) and use this to cover the whole area, gives you more storage too.

Attachments

• download (3).png
    download (3).png
    626.2 KB · Views: 152
Is there a way to remove the rear console (along with the flip lid)? There is space underneath it but can't be accessed. I don't like the rear console for my phone, and it's too shallow for anything else. Winter is here. I need space for gloves, hats, etc.

Also, if the vents are lower in the armrest, perhaps there could be even more storage engineered into it.

Last edited:
Is there a way to remove the rear console (along with the flip lid)? There is space underneath it but can't be accessed. I don't like the rear console for my phone, and it's too shallow for anything else. Winter is here. I need space for gloves, hats, etc.

Also, if the vents are lower in the armrest, perhaps there could be even more storage engineered into it.
I am not aware that you can do this.