Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Console Wrap Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For straight durability, if Stealth is installed properly, it will ALWAYS out last vinyl. Especially in high temps, We've seen a lot of the aftermarket vinyl kits start lifting around the edges. This could also have been due to installation error (not our installation).... For either, if the film is stretched our manipulated the wrong way, things can get ugly pretty fast. The white does look good tho!

Hey everyone, I know we are late to this thread, sorry. Just letting you know WE do install the interior wrap. We carry several colors, shades, and textures in stock AND have hundreds more available to order within a few days. The online kits are very precisely cut and leave little room for error. We cut our own patterns in house so IF an "oops" happens, there is no waiting for a new kit to be shipped to us.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
dbrands Black Dragon is my favorite pattern, I've wrapped my laptop, cell phone and drone in it. Does anyone offer that look for the console on our 3's? I asked dbrand and they respectfully declined to make a custom cut for it (not their lane). I actually have 2 pieces for backup on my current laptop that would be enough to cover it if I could find someone (or the time) to do it.

Reactions: Jimmy 1
dbrands Black Dragon is my favorite pattern, I've wrapped my laptop, cell phone and drone in it. Does anyone offer that look for the console on our 3's? I asked dbrand and they respectfully declined to make a custom cut for it (not their lane). I actually have 2 pieces for backup on my current laptop that would be enough to cover it if I could find someone (or the time) to do it.
Who makes the material, I could probably cut those.

If you are in Vegas and want to DIY with some help you are welcome to PM me. I will help with extra hand, knowledge and all the tools in my shop. There is no charge for that.

I can also source virtually any wrap material and will pass it to you at cost /you see the invoice/.

I also have professional cutter if needed.

Reactions: Runt8
If you are in Vegas and want to DIY with some help you are welcome to PM me. I will help with extra hand, knowledge and all the tools in my shop. There is no charge for that.

I can also source virtually any wrap material and will pass it to you at cost /you see the invoice/.

I also have professional cutter if needed.

Wow you rock man! too bad im on the east coast. If you ever get the urge for some new haven style pizza , look me up! ;>

Is it true that Matrix Black is thicker vinyl and hence easier to apply than matte black?

I’ve only installed the matrix black, so I can’t compare first-hand to the matte black. But compared to what is shown in the instructional video, it did seem very stiff. Maybe this means it is “easier“ to install (that does seem to be the consensus), but on the flipside, all of the assurances in the video that you could easily stretch out the material to account for any misalignments/imperfections turned out not to be true. I found the installation process to be extremely frustrating and the instructional video to be misleading and mostly worthless.

I’ve only installed the matrix black, so I can’t compare first-hand to the matte black. But compared to what is shown in the instructional video, it did seem very stiff. Maybe this means it is “easier“ to install (that does seem to be the consensus), but on the flipside, all of the assurances in the video that you could easily stretch out the material to account for any misalignments/imperfections turned out not to be true. I found the installation process to be extremely frustrating and the instructional video to be misleading and mostly worthless.

I found Kenriko's video exactly matched my installation experience. Now I have to ask how cold is it when you install your wrap? I did it when it was in the 90's. I read that it is really difficult to install vinyl wrap in the cold (not sure how cold is cold) because the material won't stretch at all. I know mine stretch... a lot if I want to... when it was 80-90 degree out. I wouldn't say it was a piece of cake... but I was able to correct the mistakes easily which I made a bunch.

Trying to decide what to do here...

Want to do a carbon dash, thought about glossy from RPM which I think would look weird with a matte carbon center console, so I was debating just PPFing the gloss. Any thoughts?

I guess I could go matte dash but I like the depth of glossy carbon.

matrix black was easy to install on the door switches and the center console area, but was a P.I.T.A. when going over the long dashboard, especially when i found out 1/3 of the way in that it was deviated upward ever so slightly requiring me to stretch downward the rest of the way. it felt like a thicker vinyl but the honeycomb pattern does provoke it to tear a certain way due to the texture with enough stretch so do be mindful of that.

I installed AO's Satin White console wrap. Generally happy. The fold over spots at an angle such as the cupholders came out a little wonky but I can live with it.

IMG_5284.jpg

Reactions: Drax
Trying to decide what to do here...

Want to do a carbon dash, thought about glossy from RPM which I think would look weird with a matte carbon center console, so I was debating just PPFing the gloss. Any thoughts?

I guess I could go matte dash but I like the depth of glossy carbon.

IMHO, you can't go wrong with CF. In my case I used abstract ocean. When seeing and feeling the wrap I can tell it's pretty good quality. I used lower quality wrap on a previous car and it lasted at least 6 years until I sold the car. It was still in perfect shape, so I am pretty sure this one will last a very long time, with a bit of care.

Here's what it looks like:
IMG_1745A.jpg

IMG_1751A.jpg

There's a lot more pictures here Tesla Model 3 Carbon Fiber Center Console

I did mine Carbon wrap this morning, good enough for me, spent almost 3 hours on it, was hard but not terrible, followed the video from EV Wraps, which was very helpful, unfortunately didn't take a picture before I left the car, came back a couple hours later and bubbles everywhere, very frustrated....Anyone know a good way to fix this?
I think the top piece I've managed to squeegee out, the others i've pushed and prodded to no avail.

20190506_150139.jpg

IMHO, you can't go wrong with CF. In my case I used abstract ocean. When seeing and feeling the wrap I can tell it's pretty good quality. I used lower quality wrap on a previous car and it lasted at least 6 years until I sold the car. It was still in perfect shape, so I am pretty sure this one will last a very long time, with a bit of care.

Here's what it looks like:
IMG_1745A.jpg

IMG_1751A.jpg

There's a lot more pictures here Tesla Model 3 Carbon Fiber Center Console