TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Conspiracy theories about Model S fire in Kent

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by brianman, Oct 3, 2013.

1. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

2. Norse

Norse Active Member

I think some short trew a gigantic molotov coctail under the cars and it exploded bigtime, the driver just noticed a minor bump, and thought it was some kind of metal.

When he pulled over the short caught it on camera and posted it on youtube and got rich.

3. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

What's the thread about? If meant seriously, let's stick to one thread; if having fun the thread should go off topic......

4. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

#4 brianman, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
    There are at least 30 posts in the Short Term investment thread and elsewhere involving conspiracy theories about why the event happened. I'd prefer to see them moved here rather than scattered about.

Bonus request: Find my response to the "wtf how did he know the car was new" video suspicion (and move it here) and you'll be my best friend for an hour. Clarification - "the one with the words" (lol) about the driver and friend thought processes, not the one with the picture from the video.

5. RDoc

RDoc S85D

You've missed the Boeing connection entirely. The real target here is SpaceX which is in competition with Boeing for launch services. By giving Tesla an incendiary reputation, they're hoping to cause SpaceX to lose launch contracts since they not only use lithium batteries, their entire tank system is lithium alloy!

Obviously, if Tesla can't keep their lithium batteries from catching fire, what chance does SpaceX have of keeping their rockets from catching fire? It only stands to reason.

6. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Waiting for a Musk blog special with charts and graphics reconstructing how the Boeing employees staged all this to tarnish Musk Inc. ;)

7. flybob08

flybob08 Member