Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Constant cracking sound in speakers; sporadic loss of audio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
same
I still have the same issue I've had for maybe the last six beta versions. Every so often when I turn on a signal, open a door, whatever, etc the radio stops, then usually comes back on fairly quickly but at a lower volume and with a poor quality "mono"(?) sound. Then eventually it goes back to normal. Sometimes this lasts a few seconds, sometimes minuates.
same here
SC said its software
but if its software it could've been fixed by now with more than 10 updates within a yr

I took delivery 6/30 and now have crackling. From what I can tell, it's related to the passenger side top pillar speaker. Some folks mentioned that it's a lack of insulation/barrier behind the speaker causing the solder joints to ground out. Going to take it apart this week and check it out. Driving me bonkers!

Reactions: Fean07
I took delivery 6/30 and now have crackling. From what I can tell, it's related to the passenger side top pillar speaker. Some folks mentioned that it's a lack of insulation/barrier behind the speaker causing the solder joints to ground out. Going to take it apart this week and check it out. Driving me bonkers!
I have same cracking and I believe is from same location as you. Can you let me know if you solve it. Thanks

Reactions: Ron Burgundy
Hmmm maybe I can get a new MCU out of this.

I need to try and get it on video but it’s no unpredictable.

What MCU did you have and what did they replace it with? Same or newer version?
Sorry for the late response here. I had MCU1 on a 2017 MS. I had upgraded to MCU2 in January 2023 and started having the issue in maybe April or May after the upgrade was done. They replaced it with another MCU2 since I had the 1 year parts warranty still.